Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MACE/VCM OTRCAI for VE 3.6L SIDI V6

tommyk.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Thanks Steve

is your nearest competitor another OTR?

What was the price for one of these?

MACE

Reaction score
Thanks Steve

is your nearest competitor another OTR?

What was the price for one of these?

Actually I shouldn't say competitor as such, as I would happily recommend and supply an Orssom OTR. I say this as they're easier to install then our units (don't need to have installed our manifold insulator for fitment) and are cheaper too

The main reason we developed our own was for more higher end builds etc. The price of our OTR will ultimately be around the $650, plus the price of the insulator. At the moment though we throw in the insulator for free for a limited time

Hope this helps

Cheers,
Steve

ashnathan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Thunder Ute
I only just recently bought a Thunder ute (SIDI) and asked if it would void any warranties putting a CAI on, and they said it wouldnt so long as it isnt OTR, any reason why this would be? As OTR are better than normal behind the headlight CAI's right? Thanks.

adz_vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Spac l67
I only just recently bought a Thunder ute (SIDI) and asked if it would void any warranties putting a CAI on, and they said it wouldnt so long as it isnt OTR, any reason why this would be? As OTR are better than normal behind the headlight CAI's right? Thanks.

This is mainly due to altered location of the maf and the increase in power I'd say. Just revert the car back to normal and they won't even know.

ashnathan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Thunder Ute
So id be better off just going with the OTR? What happens when I put it in for service and they see it? Do they take note of that or?

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
So id be better off just going with the OTR? What happens when I put it in for service and they see it? Do they take note of that or?

They see hundreds of cars a week, if you revert the car to stock and take it back 3months later they wouldn't have a clue... If you've got a car with airbags, 22inch rims, stuff that really stands out, then they might remember, but just another thunder ute, they won't remember what you've done or haven't had done to it.

MACE

Reaction score
Not always as there are a number of things which are dependent on the space constraints and throttle body position of the vehicle/engine. What I'm getting at is that you don't want to put an OTR on a vehicle for the sake of putting it on.

I digress though. In the case of a VE SIDI an OTR does work best.

Fortunately this is a reversible mod, how you approach it with the dealer is completely up to you. Bare in mind that there are some dealers who offer similar products as "dealer options". I'm pretty sure the way they get around making a warranty claim with Holden direct is to revert the car back to standard. Regardless though, it's certainly a grey area

Hope this helps

Cheers,
Steve

ashnathan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Thunder Ute
I think that eases my mind to go for the OTR, i prefer it anyway it looks more....complete rather than a bolt on box on the side. Have you fitted any of these to a few cars yet orjust the one test unit? If so what are the results over stock :) i love my ute but im already hungry for more power!

MACE

Reaction score
I think that eases my mind to go for the OTR, i prefer it anyway it looks more....complete rather than a bolt on box on the side. Have you fitted any of these to a few cars yet orjust the one test unit? If so what are the results over stock :) i love my ute but im already hungry for more power!
We've fitted these to around 6 vehicles so far. We got some dyno results back from a 3.0L that we tested and the gains on that were over 10rwkw on a mainline dyno (conservative figure). There would definitely be more in the 3.6L's for sure

Hope this helps

Cheers,
Steve

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Just to add this thread about the vcm otr, i know mines an 8 but looks like the exact unit i have, they are awsome quality work well and give you a nice induction sound too, also very easy to take on and off and filter removal too! highly recommend them, should deff notice a increase in response, cheers!