Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MACE/VCM OTRCAI for VE 3.6L SIDI V6

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
does the motor cover still go on?
The scoop that utilizes almost the entire badged grille that is great.

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
This is only for the series 1, series 2 is gonna be a lot longer :(

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
does the motor cover still go on?
The scoop that utilizes almost the entire badged grille that is great.

The engine cover will still fit, however, for the OTR to suit you need to fit the manifold insulators.
Fitting the manifold insulators (I've found) was enough to make the engine cover rub on the bonnet lining, not much, but after a few weeks you can see where it's been touching.

monkeyboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6 SIDI
Are these up on the MACE website Steve? If they are I couldn't find them. I was also wondering what the flow figures are and what comparisons had been done with your OTR and the SS Inductions Growler? Does MACE now have the lead in intake airflow over it's rivals is what I'm asking (and hoping). I ask because I have a growler CAI and would replace it with your OTR if there are measurable benifits in the volume of air that can be moved over the growler.

:)

I'll be fitting one of these for sure if it flows more than the growler and 102mm MAF pipe I already have. And do these OTR's require the manifold spacer as mentioned above or is the spacer just recommended for optimal capacity/low air temps? Either way, if this flows more than a growler put me down for one...with a spacer and a re-tune, that equals a potentially potent combination.

MACE

Reaction score
Hey monkeyboy,

In regards to your questions/statements

“Are these up on the MACE website Steve? If they are I couldn't find them.”
Not yet, but they're done

“I was also wondering what the flow figures are and what comparisons had been done with your OTR and the SS Inductions Growler?”
Put it this way, via logging of the MAF, they seem to outflow their nearest competitor by around 10%

“Does MACE now have the lead in intake airflow over it's rivals is what I'm asking (and hoping). I ask because I have a growler CAI and would replace it with your OTR if there are measurable benifits in the volume of air that can be moved over the growler.”
There is. In saying that though if you’re happy with your current intake then I would leave it

“I'll be fitting one of these for sure if it flows more than the growler and 102mm MAF pipe I already have. And do these OTR's require the manifold spacer as mentioned above or is the spacer just recommended for optimal capacity/low air temps?”
It appears that they require the manifold insulator to insure correct geometry of the elbow relative to the throttle body and air box assembly. Haven’t personally tried it on one without an insulator so I can’t comment

“Either way, if this flows more than a growler put me down for one...with a spacer and a re-tune, that equals a potentially potent combination.”
It will. If you're after one send us a email or PM and we'll take it from there

Cheers,
Steve

SIDI_MACE_VCM_OTR01.jpgSIDI_MACE_VCM_OTR02.jpgSIDI_MACE_VCM_OTR03.jpg

SV6GUY

Reaction score
Members Ride
MANUAL VE SV6 S2
any chance you can upload a sound clip or a youtube video of the engine bay revving/in-cabin sound to listen to its induction roar? i'm sure it'll be captivating :rockon:

monkeyboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6 SIDI
Cheers for the reply Steve, concise and helpful as always. :)

any chance you can upload a sound clip or a youtube video of the engine bay revving/in-cabin sound to listen to its induction roar? i'm sure it'll be captivating :rockon:

Yes, yes yes! I want to hear this thing in action.

looks good mace! vcm otr's are awsome good quality and work well, mines gives a nice as induction note too can even hear it in the cabin over my zorst lol
Have you got a link to a clip of your OTR? I'm curious as to the difference a panel filter OTR makes compared to the pod on a growler. The growler makes a high pitched whine/induction sound which is pure horn. I'd love to have a listen to clip of your OTR if you have one.