Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mace VE V6 Tune Review

Discussion in 'Mace Engineering' started by Andrew_Guppz, May 4, 2011.

1. Mortuary

Mortuary New Member

Members Ride:
    VE SV6 SIDI Sportwagon
    right on.. cheers.

2. RichG8

RichG8 New Member

Members Ride:
    pontiac G8
    Mine came with the car :spot on:

3. CH3F

CH3F New Member

Members Ride:
    VE SV6 Sedan
    Different bonnet Rich ;)
    Mine's a complete Fibreglass affair, with a centre rise of 30mm over standard
    it has the front nostrils like the G8's and E3's, but I also have side vents higher up the bonnet on both sides of the central lump

4. RichG8

RichG8 New Member

Members Ride:
    pontiac G8
    Impressive...

5. The X Man

The X Man Donating Member

Members Ride:
    VE SERIES II SV6 SIDI
    Well i have my custom tune for both engine and transmission in and it certainly feels like your getting more power to the ground. Gear changes are quick and strong and now on WOT it chirps the tyres between first and second on the dry and spins easily in the wet, on stock RE050's. It does gear hunt alot, especially going up hills so i'm not real happy about that. It no longer holds first gear under WOT for an excessive amount of time like stock so i'm glad this is fixed. It also needs no where near as much gas pedal action to reach the same speeds as before, it just happens more quickly now.

That said i still have not received my new programmer i paid for nor have i received any responses from MACE for several days despite several emails to them. For the money i paid, i can't say that i am pleased with the overall transaction, in particular communication from them. How am i supposed to fine tune the custom tune if i don't receive any response from them?

6. adz_vy

adz_vy Member

Members Ride:
    VY Spac l67
    This is very odd. I have never waited more than 2 days for a response from mace. I'm sure Steve can explain but I would be getting on the phone first thing on Monday

7. MACE

MACE Well-Known Member

Hey Greg,

I'll do the best I can to answer your questions/statements

“Well i have my custom tune for both engine and transmission in and it certainly feels like your getting more power to the ground. Gear changes are quick and strong and now on WOT it chirps the tyres between first and second on the dry and spins easily in the wet, on stock RE050's. It does gear hunt alot, especially going up hills so i'm not real happy about that.”
    We’ve just supplied you just a base tune. I still need your help to get back to us with a detailed list of changes you like us to have made along with data logs to tailor the tune specifically for your vehicle

“It no longer holds first gear under WOT for an excessive amount of time like stock so i'm glad this is fixed. It also needs no where near as much gas pedal action to reach the same speeds as before, it just happens more quickly now.”
    This is good

“That said i still have not received my new programmer i paid”
    You have, otherwise how would have flashed your vehicle?

“for nor have i received any responses from MACE for several days despite several emails to them.”
    Though it’s been 2 days, I personally don’t think that it’s good enough (definitely not the norm), however for urgent matters people are more than welcome to give us a call.

“For the money i paid, i can't say that i am pleased with the overall transaction, in particular communication from them.”
    My sincere apologies for this. It’s been crazy here to say the least plus to make matters worse have been under the weather recent :(

“How am i supposed to fine tune the custom tune if i don't receive any response from them?”
    People will ALWAYS get a response from us, doesn’t matter what it’s in regards to whether, it’s a weird engine conversion to a full house engine build. I ALWAYS make sure to get back to people, if their contact details are accurate or haven’t ended up lost in spam. I personally will never ignore anyone's genuine email doesn't matter how "out there" it is, as an auto enthusiast I'm always happy to help

In saying this though, we’re currently in the process of putting measures in place to offer a better level of service 24-7 :D

Hope this helps

Kindest Regards,
    Steve

8. The X Man

Members Ride:
    VE SERIES II SV6 SIDI
    Steve,

I have responsed to your PM re the above.

Cheers,

Greg

9. MACE

MACE Well-Known Member

Got it, replied :)

10. The X Man

Members Ride:
    VE SERIES II SV6 SIDI
    Steve,

Your Inbox is full, unable to send further emails.

Can you tell me what percent of torque management reduction is in the tune you sent me? I'm also running 91RON and nearly empty so will put 98RON in before logging as it looks like your tune is based around this fuel type.

Cheers.

11. MACE

MACE Well-Known Member

Cleared :)

"Can you tell me what percent of torque management reduction is in the tune you sent me?"
    35% from memory

"I'm also running 91RON and nearly empty so will put 98RON in before logging as it looks like your tune is based around this fuel type."
    We can base the tune around any pump fuel you like, as long as you clearly let us know. In saying this though, these are a high comp engine and really run best on 98, even with the factory calibration

12. xSV666x

xSV666x New Member

Members Ride:
    07 vz sv6 ute 6sp manual
    Hay sorry to be a bit off topic but does taking the torque management off completely have any bad effects? Again Sorry for bein off topic but I can't seem to find a straight answer.cheers

13. MACE

MACE Well-Known Member

If tend to drive your car very aggressively then getting rid of the torque management all together will considerably reduce the life of your drive train

14. MACE

MACE Well-Known Member

I should be able to reply to people's questions tomorrow, however it's my son's 4th birthday so there will likely be delays

Thanks for your understanding

Cheers,
    Steve

15. xSV666x

xSV666x New Member

Members Ride:
    07 vz sv6 ute 6sp manual
    Thanks for the reply Steve. And happy birthday to the little guy

16. VS_Pete

VS_Pete Donating Member

Members Ride:
    VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
    Happy birthday also

17. MACE

MACE Well-Known Member

Thanks guys :)

18. adam sv6

adam sv6 New Member

Members Ride:
    VE SV6
    Hi, was wondering if any updates were out for the sv6 5 speed auto? *crosses fingers* ... if not how does the avaliable tune for the my09 a5 compare to the tuneable model equivelant given i were to only have a cai and manifold insulators? its killing me that the auto 5 cant be tuned arghgghg

19. MACE

MACE Well-Known Member

None yet, and it won't be a while if ever for them to be done :(

With engine related mods, the gains at the flywheel will be the same with the engine tune

Hope this helps

Cheers,
    Steve

20. adam sv6

adam sv6 New Member

Members Ride:
    VE SV6
    Oh OK... so I'm just trying to get my head around this, you can tune the engine just like any other engine, but torque management settings in the gearbox can't be reduced in any mode (drive/sport/man sport) and shiftpoints can't be adjusted?
    I think what I meant to ask in my last post was what is different about the tune for the a5 compared to just say the my07 sv6..

Sorry for all the questions, I just need all the information I can before I do something bigger like buy a high ratio diff and the shift points can't be altered...
    Thanks!
    Adam.