Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mace VE V6 Tune Review

Mattk101

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6 sidi 2010
Wondering if anyone that has done the tune can help me out? I have the programmer, red usb cable attached to OBDII plug, i was doing everything per instructions, installed drivers and and plugged it in to the computer and all that jazz, opened it up but there is no file with extension .TPC or .TRT.

Whenever i open the program it creates a new file called "ezflash0 or 1 or 2 depending how many times you open it and try it but the extension is .TPL which doesn't seem to work.
I try to open that but it either says incorrect calibration file selected or cannot open selected file.

Did i get the calibration file or am i missing it? Or am i doing something wrong? Can't figure it out tried a thousand different things but i bet i have just missed something thats right in front of me.

Anyway Mace service is great, Steve is always helpful and i am waiting on his reply for this problem i am having but thought might try on here aswell.

Once i get it working i will most likely be saying how great the remote tune is aswell ha ha.

MACE

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone that has done the tune can help me out? I have the programmer, red usb cable attached to OBDII plug, i was doing everything per instructions, installed drivers and and plugged it in to the computer and all that jazz, opened it up but there is no file with extension .TPC or .TRT.

Whenever i open the program it creates a new file called "ezflash0 or 1 or 2 depending how many times you open it and try it but the extension is .TPL which doesn't seem to work.
I try to open that but it either says incorrect calibration file selected or cannot open selected file.

Did i get the calibration file or am i missing it? Or am i doing something wrong? Can't figure it out tried a thousand different things but i bet i have just missed something thats right in front of me.

Anyway Mace service is great, Steve is always helpful and i am waiting on his reply for this problem i am having but thought might try on here aswell.

Once i get it working i will most likely be saying how great the remote tune is aswell ha ha.

Hey Matt,

Email us those error log files (*.TPL) for us to review and we'll get it sorted 100% Bit snowed under at the moment as I'm crock but am slowly getting on top of things :)

Cheers,
Steve

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
The .tpl flile is a record of what eziflash has done and you will not be able to open this file! The tune (.trt) file will be emailed to you by Steve. Don't worry he'll sort it all for you.

LachieSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Poison Ivy SII SV6
Jarp, i nearly did the E85 tune, however i am having issues with my car at the momnt with just a standard MACE tune... im in contact with steve so hopefull we can sort it out....

i think the Cats are causing issues.....

Mattk101

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6 sidi 2010
That's alright thanks Steve, I'll email them to you. I'm sick as a dog with flu at the moment so got today off to hopefully figure out what's going on.

richmond2000

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE G8 V6
A few Q's
#1 the programmer are there "options" IE ghost cam or does it ONLY load pre made programs ?
#2 can I save multiple programs IE a "track" high test program and a daily driver program? and switch back and forth with the programmer/My laptop?
#3 what fuel do you program for or is that based on what I respond with ? (some chip tuners I have had B4 required SULP VS stock ULP)
#4 can ONE tuner flash more then one car with the car spacific program or do I need to buy 2 programers with 2 car programs? (09Commie alloy190 A5 (G8) and a11 CRUZE 1.4T M6)
#5 *OFF topic alert* your site claimes quite excellent # for the 1.4T in the HOLDEN CRUZE have you/can you do the US market Chevy Cruze ECO M6

MACE

Reaction score
#1 the programmer are there "options" IE ghost cam or does it ONLY load pre made programs ?
You can adjust the GC setting in the software interface

“#2 can I save multiple programs IE a "track" high test program and a daily driver program? and switch back and forth with the programmer/My laptop?”
You can

“#3 what fuel do you program for or is that based on what I respond with ? (some chip tuners I have had B4 required SULP VS stock ULP)”
Tunes are normally setup to suit 93MON (98RON) but whatever pump fuel you use we can do

#4 can ONE tuner flash more then one car with the car spacific program or do I need to buy 2 programers with 2 car programs? (09Commie alloy190 A5 (G8) and a11 CRUZE 1.4T M6)
It can. Only the tunes are locked to specific VINs while the programmers can be used on multiple vehicles

#5 *OFF topic alert* your site claimes quite excellent # for the 1.4T in the HOLDEN CRUZE have you/can you do the US market Chevy Cruze ECO M6
It may not work initially but I’m 100% confident that we can accommodate the OS of your Cruze making it work :)

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
Steve

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Just a couple of questions for those of you who have had there autos torque management reduced. Firstly, do you drive it in Manual mode? If so, have you found it more or less aggressive or no different to driving in Sports mode both from a shift and also engine performance perspectives. Also, have you found that there a two distinct performance modes within the Sports mode itself?

The reason I ask is that I have been driving in manual mode all the time but today I used Sports mode and felt that it was vastly more aggressive from both a engine performance and shift perspectives. Would be interested in others thoughts on this.

Last edited:

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Just a couple of questions for those of you who have had there autos torque management reduced. Firstly, do you drive it in Manual mode? If so, have you found it more or less aggressive or no different to driving in Sports mode both from a shift and also engine performance perspectives. Also, have you found that there a two distinct performance modes within the Sports mode itself?

The reason I ask is that I have been driving in manual mode all the time but today I used Sports mode and felt that it was vastly more aggressive from both a engine performance and shift perspectives. Would be interested in others thoughts on this.

Jarp, I have spoken to Steve about this, manual mode does feel totally different to Sports mode, and even Drive, manual mode still feels 'stock' even though it has a higher reduction in torque management.
As for two modes within sports mode, can you explain what you mean?