Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mace VE V6 Tune Review

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Thought I'd pop up a new 0-100 with the OTR and E85. Is hard to see much difference between both the 0-100 vids I have up but it is definately quicker now. Even if I started in second gear it would be nearly as quick to 100....heaps more torque. Reckon it is just a tad over 6 seconds even with the overrev at top of range. Need to go back to getting it to shift a little earlier (about 300RPM) with next tune update as the extra RPM doesn't seem to be that effective.

0-100.wmv - YouTube

Edit: Just had another look at this on the video timer...looks more like 6.5 seconds. Bit dissapointing...not much quicker than stock times. Perhaps it's a practice thing?

Last edited:

MACE

Reaction score
Thought I'd pop up a new 0-100 with the OTR and E85. Is hard to see much difference between both the 0-100 vids I have up but it is definately quicker now. Even if I started in second gear it would be nearly as quick to 100....heaps more torque. Reckon it is just a tad over 6 seconds even with the overrev at top of range. Need to go back to getting it to shift a little earlier (about 300RPM) with next tune update as the extra RPM doesn't seem to be that effective.

0-100.wmv - YouTube

Edit: Just had another look at this on the video timer...looks more like 6.5 seconds. Bit dissapointing...not much quicker than stock times. Perhaps it's a practice thing?

I dare say you would need more practice Jarp, no offense :p

On the note of launching these things we can now organise Hi Stall torque converters for them now :D

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
I dare say you would need more practice Jarp, no offense :p

On the note of launching these things we can now organise Hi Stall torque converters for them now :D

:) None taken Steve..bit of a hard thing to prac safely and without attention. Think it would be between 6.2 and 6.4 if get it right. Maybe even 6.1 downwind and a prayer.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Thanks for the update Jarp.
I don`t think I will go down that track atm. have to get the car first.
CAI and tune will do me after I drive it for awhile.
Don`t worry Steve I haven`t gone away yet lol.

MACE

Reaction score
:) None taken Steve..bit of a hard thing to prac safely and without attention. Think it would be between 6.2 and 6.4 if get it right. Maybe even 6.1 downwind and a prayer.
Ah good. Was only heart felt constructive feedback :D

Thanks for the update Jarp.
I don`t think I will go down that track atm. have to get the car first.
CAI and tune will do me after I drive it for awhile.
Don`t worry Steve I haven`t gone away yet lol.
All good Pete, always happy to help :)

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Jarp, would the diff gears have anything to do with it? 0-100 would probs be 3 gear changes opposed to 2 with the stock diff?

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Yeah I think so Kuzman in this clip is changing 2nd to 3rd at about 94km/h...should be able to get to 100k in 2nd though as is supposed be revving to 7k. Was one hand on the camera the other steering and only a couple of runs on a 30 odd degrees day so need to prac some more or just stick it down the 1/4. Still just a tad over 6 seconds not bad for an auto and it is great down low with the diff and E85 combo. Bring on the cam or S/C though...want more :) Either that or wait for the DI V8.

MACE

Reaction score
Yeah I think so Kuzman in this clip is changing 2nd to 3rd at about 94km/h...should be able to get to 100k in 2nd though as is supposed be revving to 7k. Was one hand on the camera the other steering and only a couple of runs on a 30 odd degrees day so need to prac some more or just stick it down the 1/4. Still just a tad over 6 seconds not bad for an auto and it is great down low with the diff and E85 combo. Bring on the cam or S/C though...want more :) Either that or wait for the DI V8.
Bring on the cam AND S/C indeed :D LOL