Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MACE VS commodore memcal and soon to be review

mjs8672

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS v6
has any one used a chip from this guy on ebay CLICK HERE he is claming 16kw gains, how does it vary from a mace chip.

I am very tempted to get the mace chip from the reviews I am hearing, just trying to get the best bang for my hard earned bucks

HoldenOn

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS equip, 4.2L stroker on its way.
has any one used a chip from this guy on ebay CLICK HERE he is claming 16kw gains, how does it vary from a mace chip.

I am very tempted to get the mace chip from the reviews I am hearing, just trying to get the best bang for my hard earned bucks

Not sure, but I have heard allot of people on eBay selling chips that simply make your car run richer. I personally would stick to MACE, that way you know what your getting.

mjs8672

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS v6
yeh I am leaning that way, thanks for your thoughts

HoldenOn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Oh hey MACE I got a question for ya that you have been asked 50,000,900,000,000,001 times, on my vs if I get a 25mm insulator and 12mm plenum spacer it should fit under the bonnet right? Don't care about the engine cover...

MACE

Reaction score
Oh hey MACE I got a question for ya that you have been asked 50,000,900,000,000,001 times, on my vs if I get a 25mm insulator and 12mm plenum spacer it should fit under the bonnet right? Don't care about the engine cover...
HoldenOn,

It should fit no problems, depending on the condition of your engine mounts. For arguments sake, if your engine mounts are new, you may only be able to raise the manifold by 25mm in total (12mm plenum 12mm manifold insulator). If's for this reason we recommend people to take measurements to confirm fitment

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Kindest Regards,
Steve

HoldenOn

Reaction score
Members Ride
No worries, well my engine mounts are due to be replaced so I'll most likely stick with the 12mm spacer then.

mjs8672

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS v6
i have discovered today that there is coolant around one of the bolt heads from the intake manifold bolts and my coolant over flow was empty, I check everything every few weeks as I only travel 4k's round trip to work each day.
I am on holidays from work for the next week so I am going to pull the manifold of and strip it all and clean everything, (done 240K's and prob never been touched).
I was thinking about getting a 82deg thermostat to put in since I will have it all out any way,

Hey mace what's it worth to get a memcal and 82deg thermostat for my 7/97 vs v6 II auto, I have a 2.5" cat back system.