Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MACE VS commodore memcal and soon to be review

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Let as know how it goes mate.

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Im crying now.. Mine does.double.that.. Stupod.thirsty bitch..

mjs8672

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS v6
double that really wow, I am going to do the Mace CAI in the next few weeks and I also want to sort out a shift improvement kit for the auto. but other wise I am happy with the way she runs, the memcal has made a VERY noticeable improvement in responsiveness. It was a bad idea to floor it before as it would spin the 235 18" but now that wants to happen at half pedal and it feels so effortless, it's like she just wants to stretch her legs if she's aloud to,
What have you done to your ride lately to improve it's economy
I just checked out your baby and she looks very clean

ward

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs clubsport
G'day mace I have a vs clubsport auto with a crane 286 cam do you do a memcal to suit and what price and delivered to tas thanks ward

HoldenOn

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS equip, 4.2L stroker on its way.
double that really wow, I am going to do the Mace CAI in the next few weeks and I also want to sort out a shift improvement kit for the auto. but other wise I am happy with the way she runs, the memcal has made a VERY noticeable improvement in responsiveness. It was a bad idea to floor it before as it would spin the 235 18" but now that wants to happen at half pedal and it feels so effortless, it's like she just wants to stretch her legs if she's aloud to,
What have you done to your ride lately to improve it's economy
I just checked out your baby and she looks very clean

Hey bud, they memcal helps allot hey.

Basically all I've done is an extreme service, I've replaced all serviceable items that can be replaced, coil pack, good quality plugs and leads, air filter, fuel filter, all oil with quality shell synthetic, cleaned the intake out, manifold, throttle body, fuel pump and filter, flushed the coolant system and motor oil flush. Fairly low ks on the motor too, 177k with full log book history., I'm the third owner.

Also I run the tires at 38-40psi, bit of a harsher ride but it does help the economy. This week I'm doing a transmission service so that should help too. And I only run it on 98 unleaded an once a month run a bottle of fuel system cleaner through it(not the ones you buy of the shelf, I use the wood stuff lube mobile use and get it from a bud whos a lube mobile mechanic) helps keep the whole fuel system clean.

mjs8672

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS v6
yeh the memcal is VERY noticeable.
I have own mine for 1 yr and she only drinks BP 98, I am the 3rd owner and have a full log book history as well, I change the oil / filter every 5000 k's, I just put some injection cleaner for the first time so I will see what happens.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Mace memcal, cleaned the MAF, replaced plugs and leads and a new air filter.

Take the memcal out and do another test. Your results arent accurate as a pure review of the mace product.

HoldenOn

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS equip, 4.2L stroker on its way.
Take the memcal out and do another test. Your results arent accurate as a pure review of the mace product.

I would, but I can't really be bothered with the trouble. Everything I've mentioned that I've done was done before the memcal, and the economy I was getting was with just the maintenance, then I installed the memcal and noticed about a 1L/100km improvement. Wether that was just coincidence or driving style ect, who knows. But afte having the memcal for a week or so now the car has been using noticeably less fuel. And that's good enough for me, I'm happy with it.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
I have a PCM/memcal on order , for my VX Equip , (also de badged ) , mine has intake and zorst work done though , so I am looking forward to its arrival , might be a few days , as I am in NZ .