Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mace VY V6 PCM Tune Review

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
No, that's not what was said.

The PCM will retard the timing if it detects knock/ping, which can happen on a tune that has the timing advanced for 98. The result of retarding the timing is a loss of some acceleration (power).

VY03

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Acclaim
Cost me $302.00 and the new PCM was sent by express post to me as the tuning is done on their end.

From 2000-4000rpm range is quite noticeable and the auto shift points are firmer and quicker.

vyseriesII

The Blessed Hellride
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VyS S2 Blown
Tune wont give you a whole lot more kw's Al. Maybe 5 to 10kw. It will bring better fuel economy and make the gearshifts more sporty like. It's more about drivability rather than gaining lots more power :)

menace2sobriety

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY soon to be boosted
A tuned PCM arrived this week from MACE for my VY, car now drives how it should have out of the factory, it is much more a pleasure to drive now, gear shifts now have no delay and from about 2000-5/6000rpm the power output is much more noticeable, normally with say quarter throttle 0-60kph would take a few seconds, now it is already there and I am having to brake as it has been catching me out, power delivery is smooth at light throttle, the car now gets a squat going on once it hits 3000rpm at WOT, I have imported the bin file off my old standard VY and matched it to this one to my laptop and after having a quick 15 minute read of the bin file it looks as though the timing has been advance 5 Degrees across the board as well as a few other tweaks for the transmission shifts, everything else has stayed the same but I am yet to look closer into this so I know what to change on my original for my Supercharged tune when needed, although one thing is I did have extreme popping at 5000+ rpm at first, I am running 98 octane plus +10 octane booster, after I changed the plugs to some new platinum's it was mint so make sure your electrical and spark is optimal

Thanks Steve much appreciated

Simon

Last edited:

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
Tune wont give you a whole lot more kw's Al. Maybe 5 to 10kw. It will bring better fuel economy and make the gearshifts more sporty like. It's more about drivability rather than gaining lots more power :)

All good, got a tune to suit my cam and rollers from mace so hopefully should notice a big difference when i get my car back from my mechanic (hoping monday or late this afternoon)
As for shift points...i drive a manual.. lol

Al

VY03

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Acclaim
All good, got a tune to suit my cam and rollers from mace so hopefully should notice a big difference when i get my car back from my mechanic (hoping monday or late this afternoon)
As for shift points...i drive a manual.. lol

Al

Which cam did ya get...comp or crow