Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mace VY V6 PCM Tune Review

MACE

Reaction score
A tuned PCM arrived this week from MACE for my VY, car now drives how it should have out of the factory, it is much more a pleasure to drive now, gear shifts now have no delay and from about 2000-5/6000rpm the power output is much more noticeable, normally with say quarter throttle 0-60kph would take a few seconds, now it is already there and I am having to brake as it has been catching me out, power delivery is smooth at light throttle, the car now gets a squat going on once it hits 3000rpm at WOT, I have imported the bin file off my old standard VY and matched it to this one to my laptop and after having a quick 15 minute read of the bin file it looks as though the timing has been advance 5 Degrees across the board as well as a few other tweaks for the transmission shifts, everything else has stayed the same but I am yet to look closer into this so I know what to change on my original for my Supercharged tune when needed, although one thing is I did have extreme popping at 5000+ rpm at first, I am running 98 octane plus +10 octane booster, after I changed the plugs to some new platinum's it was mint so make sure your electrical and spark is optimal

Thanks Steve much appreciated

Simon

Ah excellent Simon glad to hear :D

All good, got a tune to suit my cam and rollers from mace so hopefully should notice a big difference when i get my car back from my mechanic (hoping monday or late this afternoon)
As for shift points...i drive a manual.. lol

Al
I dare it will go well once the installation is finished and once the you've traveled a number of kilometers :D

aza03

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve series 2 ss
hey steve
Got my tune today very happy car goes great and the shift on the auto is so much better no more lag. Just one question now that it is tuned for my larger throttle body do i need to remove the restrictor in the tube or leave it in.

VY03

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Acclaim
hey steve
Got my tune today very happy car goes great and the shift on the auto is so much better no more lag. Just one question now that it is tuned for my larger throttle body do i need to remove the restrictor in the tube or leave it in.

You can leave in it or just remove it, i removed mine and still drives fine :)

aza03

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve series 2 ss
Is there any difference with it in or out

brocksta05

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S2 Acclaim
I thought i might re-visit an old thread but I'm wondering about these recalibrated PCM's to suit commodore v6's and I noticed there is one for a "VU V6 AUTO"(COMP617). I don't know what a VU is but I was wondering which one I would need for my 2000 model VT Series 2 acclaim V6 AUTO?
The list of mods are as follows:
Aunger BIG MOUTH cold air induction with K&N filter
MACE 69mm throttle body
MACE 25mm Manifold Spacer
Hurricane Headers with 100 CPI high flow cat
Redback 2.5" catback exhaust with 1 muffler
MACE 1.9:1 High ratio roller rocker kit (will be ordered with PCM).
And also regarding what fuel we use to what tune it gets, I use the E-10 fuel from the shell and united servo's in my town as it has the same octane rating as premium unleaded (94-95) and its cheaper than regular unleaded, aswell as the fact my car loves it.
Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

MACE

Reaction score
I thought i might re-visit an old thread but I'm wondering about these recalibrated PCM's to suit commodore v6's and I noticed there is one for a "VU V6 AUTO"(COMP617). I don't know what a VU is but I was wondering which one I would need for my 2000 model VT Series 2 acclaim V6 AUTO?
The list of mods are as follows:
Aunger BIG MOUTH cold air induction with K&N filter
MACE 69mm throttle body
MACE 25mm Manifold Spacer
Hurricane Headers with 100 CPI high flow cat
Redback 2.5" catback exhaust with 1 muffler
MACE 1.9:1 High ratio roller rocker kit (will be ordered with PCM).
And also regarding what fuel we use to what tune it gets, I use the E-10 fuel from the shell and united servo's in my town as it has the same octane rating as premium unleaded (94-95) and its cheaper than regular unleaded, aswell as the fact my car loves it.
Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Answered here :)

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/mace-engineering/204538-2000-vt-s2-pcm-memcal.html

TANKA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII S-PACK N/A V6
Hi All,

I have a VY II Ecotec and I'm thinking about getting one of the Mace PCM's, but I have heard that if you change the computer the new one needs to be programed to the BCM.

Is this correct? If so will I need to have it installed by someone with access to a Tech2

MACE

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a VY II Ecotec and I'm thinking about getting one of the Mace PCM's, but I have heard that if you change the computer the new one needs to be programed to the BCM.

Is this correct? If so will I need to have it installed by someone with access to a Tech2

Hey TANKA,

The computers that we supply are genuine plug and play items. The PCMs we supply don't require relinking with the BCM via Tech 2 tool

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask

Kindest Regards,
Steve