Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mace VY V6 PCM Tune Review

EcoGod69

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 vy commodore 3.8l v6
What if I did decided to my car a bit more like rockers etc bigger maf system would I have to send it back and get retuned so I don't lose power etc or can I go to a local tune to fix it up or would that just be more cost sorry for the potentially dumb question just trying to learn more.

MACE

Reaction score
Hi EcoGod69,

Thank you for your enquiry.

"What if I did decided to my car a bit more like rockers etc bigger maf system would I have to send it back and get retuned so I don't lose power etc or can I go to a local tune to fix it up or would that just be more cost"
Apologies for the delay in getting back to you, we were closed due to holidays and recently came back. In regards to your enquiry, the Ecotec high ratio roller rockers and cold air intake we sell are completely bolt on parts that don't need any tune or modification, however, if you go with the cam etc then you would need to recalibrate it.

"sorry for the potentially dumb question just trying to learn more."
Naa that is totally fine we are here to help you :)

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,
Michael

Dreamscape

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve v6 omega 2008 3.6l
how far can you go with a tune? i curious as to weather or not if i can limit dropping down in gears... if a plant it doing fifty there's really no need for it to drop back to first to gain 10ish km/h is there? can i have it drop to or hold second and open up the throttle body and dump fuel in or does in need the higher rpm of first to get to the required kva? also have the same sort of issue at a 100km/h drop to second only to change back at 112?

and how much early can you bring the thermo fans on? if im limping through a busy drive through the car occasionally overheats... im assuming that'll have something to do with the unde rdriver and having a slightly working hvac? (ever second time i start the car itll blow out on face otherwise its on my feet no matter the setting unless demisting windows...

"yes its a shitty auto and yes i should stop wasting my money and go get an 8 but clearly that aint happening now is it?"

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Are we talking about a tune for a VE? I only ask because this thread is about VY PCM tunes.

Dreamscape

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve v6 omega 2008 3.6l
hahaha it is too, and yes it is, sorry was doing research in the wee hours cause i couldnt sleep.

TFN69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore
Ah excellent to hear it's all sorted Glenn :D

If you have any questions/concerns please don't hesitate to ask them

Cheers,
Steve

Steve,

I purchased the Orssome OTR for my 2007 VE V6.
Problem that everybody seems to confirm is the MAF Sensor now causes errors/fault code due to the higher air flows.
This is causing Transmission "Hard Shift"
Your website does not refer to any re=map or tune available (but raves on about VZ Alloytec models).
Do I ditch the MACE Product - the operation is crap.

Gobsmuck

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Executive S2
Hi EcoGod69,

Thank you for your enquiry.

"What if I did decided to my car a bit more like rockers etc bigger maf system would I have to send it back and get retuned so I don't lose power etc or can I go to a local tune to fix it up or would that just be more cost"
Apologies for the delay in getting back to you, we were closed due to holidays and recently came back. In regards to your enquiry, the Ecotec high ratio roller rockers and cold air intake we sell are completely bolt on parts that don't need any tune or modification, however, if you go with the cam etc then you would need to recalibrate it.

"sorry for the potentially dumb question just trying to learn more."
Naa that is totally fine we are here to help you :)

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,
Michael
Just wondering does this Memcal tune let me hold 1st gear so it can do the bapbaps, very sick of the automatic change to second gear when I haven’t actually selected 2nd gear, or is that something for a custom memcal tune?