Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Machined oil pump cover help

03storm

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 vy commodore storm ute
So I’ve run in to a problem with my 2003 3.8 vy my timing chain has snapped so I’ve order a double row roller master timing chain kit but after realised that they don’t have any thinner oil pump covers in stock. So I’m thinking of getting the stock one machined but don’t know how thin to go. Any help would be much appreciated

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
So I’ve run in to a problem with my 2003 3.8 vy my timing chain has snapped so I’ve order a double row roller master timing chain kit but after realised that they don’t have any thinner oil pump covers in stock. So I’m thinking of getting the stock one machined but don’t know how thin to go. Any help would be much appreciated
hopefully a mod will transfer this post to the vy section where a lot more members will see it and i did a google it you so might see some info your after https://www.google.com/search?q=fit...i22i29i30.20633j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8