Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mad Max: Fury Road

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Searched around, could not find anything about the movie. Delete thread if is redundant.

Anyway..... just got the chance to see it last weekend. I believe, the script was a pamphlet and is like watching the Cirque du Soleil on wheels. The wife got bored, me, I was entertained with the oddities.

What is interesting to me is, been an Aussie film nobody seems to say anything about it.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
If it flops they'll deny all involvement , if it's a success it's a win for the Australian film industry.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Everyone was raging on about it.

I saw it and got bored.

Max had absoluely no reason to even be in the movie. The entire script was "lets drive to the desert, pop a u turn and go home!"

Yeah it was a decent action movie, but it was just, boring. The dialogue was fairly lacking, there was no real backstory included, Max's visions? I dunno for something that everyone was raving on about, I was really disappointed.

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
it was ok.. give it a solid 4/10 .. for effort.

Bigfella237

Reaction score
Members Ride
More cars than I've got space to park!
I've read a couple of reviews and talked to a few people that have seen it and I'm yet to hear anything good about it, the consensus seems to be that it's a pretty average effort (despite all the hype) so I think I'll save my money?

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
What do you mean "been an Aussie film"? It still IS an Aussie film!

IBLOWN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 TT/'13 VF Senator/'11 WM CapriceV/Hayabusa
My Company made this tank about 7 years ago for the movie. Then blew it up lol.

Mad-Max.jpg

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
An Australian film , shot in Africa , with a Brit and a South African in the lead roles, and only two Australians in it mmmmmm

A lot of the extras and Warboys etc were Aussies, I did notice a few of them from some of the low budget shows that get done here (The guy Spina Bifida for example).

But the only Aussie that had anything resembling a role was Megan Gale.

I just simply dont get the praise its got. If all your interested in is a bit of face smashing gore and yes, sometimes thats all you want, it fufills that craving. However, other than that, its bland. I honestly, dont have any idea why, they hired Tom Hardy (who wouldnt have been cheap) to play that role. Unless they plan to bring him back for "The Wasteland" and this was a introductory to his charachter.

I did love the cars in it though.

Couple of Aussie throwbacks there with the Bathurst Skyline etc.