Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MAF-less tune & auto issue

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Hey,

I asked this in a thread of mine but got no answers. All I want to know is that if a MAF-less tune affects the auto? If so, can the auto still be tuned as smoothly as before the MAF-less tune? My auto seems to have a mind of it's own since my tune. It holds 1st gear much higher than it should about 50% of the time, especially when cold. Other gear changes are kind of clunky sometimes.

So anyone who has had a MAF-less tune, did your auto change? Were you able to get it as smooth as before the tune?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

vakaviti

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV UTE
No one with an auto has had a MAF-less tune???

Im sure there a few on here mate....but ive kept my MAF and had it tuned with 3inch exhaust, headers, cats and CAI and no problems with mine if anything it drives better than the factory shift points.

have you taken it back to your tuner to ask if that is normal? or if they can recalibrate the shift points for the box? sounds like a weird problem and it would #### me off as well

Happydaze

Happydaze
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE T30
Mafless tune with an auto its fine, I would think the gearbox tune is a bit out. I;m not sure about the VE;s
but VY VZ's could have a recalibration just on the box, VE's should be the same.
Then again if it is Sports Mode that would explain your issue

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Take it back to the tuner.

Vt_vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
carless for now
mine is a ls1 with the 4l60e and it revs a bit more and shifts are a lot more firm with the mafless.

cashie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V
MY SSV never had any issues after it was tuned..

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Thanks guys. I went back to the tuner and he said they'll just re-adjust the tune in the box.

I was only asking on here first to see whether it was normal or not as a bloke at work told me the auto is linked to the MAF so when it's removed the boxes never work as well as when it was receiving info from the MAF.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Mine was out a bit. My tuner adjusted the auto and it was heaps better. Mine was also flaring up in 1st and jolted a bit in the other gears but it's all good now, well as good as it's going to get anyway.

Nanoxcel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Ive got a mafless tune with my auto and it made no difference to my car.