Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mafless Tune for MY2010 6.0l - Issues

M500

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV Ute
I took the car for a quick drive tonight. Well WHAT a difference!!!

The best way to describe it is...

Me and my brother in the two seats (total weight circa 240kg), stability control off, sports mode auto, 30kph and... I mash the throttle... The car slid over two lanes!!!

Seriously though... the car is so much more responsive to drive and the top end is seemingly endless.

Very happy!!

maxminder

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but who is the Melbourne tuner..GM Motorsport?

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
PS. Apparantly there is issues with putting a mafless tune on My2010 cars, however this particular workshop in Melbourne have managed to put a relatively sucessfull mafless tune to my car and are confident they will be able to sort out all the issues when they get the car infront of them.

One interesting outcome from the Adelaide workshop is that they managed to sort out the check engine light on the car by changing the battery for a lager one. At first when they said that I'll need a new battery on a 3-month old car I thought they were just trying to maximise their $$$ for this deal, but it seems to have sorted out this issue.

that doesnt sound right, im a mechanic at a holden dealership and i know how the charging system works on VE's, the tuner can control the alternator output by changing the supply voltage to the regulator... those batteries are more than adequate for the job it needs to do...

also about the tune, the AFM system, it very difficult to keep it functioning properly when you have a larger cam. the intake air temp sensor in the OTR has to be in a position so it always reads the air temp correctly even when at low air speed, at low revs the air temp sensor cant read the air temp properly and starts to tell the computer lies and it compensates by adding or taking away fuel into the motor. which is more than likely the reason for the revs hunting

it needs to be as close to the throttle body as possible to run right. but most places that write tunes should know that

the majority of oxygen sensor codes are not critical, usually they are slow responding or low reading codes. they can be setup to not log a DTC when the tune is written, probably something worth doing if it is going to occur regularly

M500

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV Ute
that doesnt sound right, im a mechanic at a holden dealership and i know how the charging system works on VE's, the tuner can control the alternator output by changing the supply voltage to the regulator... those batteries are more than adequate for the job it needs to do...

also about the tune, the AFM system, it very difficult to keep it functioning properly when you have a larger cam. the intake air temp sensor in the OTR has to be in a position so it always reads the air temp correctly even when at low air speed, at low revs the air temp sensor cant read the air temp properly and starts to tell the computer lies and it compensates by adding or taking away fuel into the motor. which is more than likely the reason for the revs hunting

it needs to be as close to the throttle body as possible to run right. but most places that write tunes should know that

the majority of oxygen sensor codes are not critical, usually they are slow responding or low reading codes. they can be setup to not log a DTC when the tune is written, probably something worth doing if it is going to occur regularly

The hunting at idle has become quite bad and annoying (to the tune of stalling the car from time to time). I have noticed that it is only when the airconditioing is on.

Without the AC on, the car runs fine.

M500

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV Ute
Interesting... My car uses about 30l/ 100km when I am driving to and from work (stop start traffic) however when I am driving for longer periods with less traffic (still in the suburbs) the consuption drops to around 22-24l/ 100km. The economy doesnt change much whether I am driving lightly or hard throttle.

Anyone else care to post their usage?

05 Senator

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais RB25 turbo, VS Calais
not a ve but my vz 6.0ltr use about 16 l/km in traffic. no cam but i do have OTR intake, full zorst and mafless tune

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
Usually 9 on highway and 16 round town.
I've had
- JTG Liquid gas injection
- Under driven pulley
- Pacemaker extractors
- 3" X-force system
- Cold air intake
- MAF Less tune
But it's going tomorrow to get re-tuned as it has random flat spots when going from cruising speed to instant full throttle every once in a while (once or twice a week)