Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

mafless tune pros and cons

mafless tune good or bad for a street car

• good

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • bad

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jaco99

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore vt ex
i have bin tossing up the idea for a while now wither or not to get a mafless tune on my vz ss 5.7lt,

please note that i have got a 3" stainless 4 in 1 exhaust with pacemaker extractors, and high flow cats

so if someone could state the pros and cons of getting a mafless tune, eg fuel efficacy, engine smoothness in low range revs, and so on

any help would be appreciated

macca33

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Senator 300
In a VZ you can go mafless or keep the maf - no real diffference as the maf is no restriction, unlike pre-VZ. Also, the maf tune retains a little bit more security if you get bad fuel, or bad atmospherics between seasons, as the maf meters the airflow, whereas a mafless tune is built entirely from the VE map. A mafless tune is a little bit more responsive to throttle inputs, but the difference is almost negligible.

In your application - bolt-on only - a maf tune would be 99% of mafless, so no real biggie.

As for a tune in general - it will provide more torque / power, better fuel economy and an auto transmission can be set up to shift better.

cheers