Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mafless Tune to 95 or 98 RON

Mickyshazz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz sv8 M6
I am getting a mafless tune and was just wondering if i should get them to tune it to 95 or 98 RON and what are the power differneces. Also after a full exhaust otr and mafless tune what should i be looking to run on the 1/4 mile in a vz sv8 manual?

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
You get your car tuned to whatever fuel you plan to use in it and have regular access to. Qtr mile time has many factors other than some basic mods. Could be high 12s to 14s somewhere.

STEEV888

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 200sx.
i didnt know ron95 existed anymore..

and to elaborate on another one of wikky's deatiled posts..
reaction times gear changes tyres whether or not you do a burnout how hard you rev your engine even the drag track you do it at.
plus im sure there is even more than that

Mickyshazz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz sv8 M6
Ok cheers for that I will most likely get it tuned to 98. Can't wait to have that extra power

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
The higher the octane rating of the fuel is,the further the ignition timing can advance before knock or detonation occurs. The more advanced ignition timing you can run,(to a point),the more efficient the engine will run,which means more power and better economy.When the ECU detects knock or detonation via the knock sensors,it drops the ignition timing back until the knock signal has stopped being detected.

Last edited:

MR.HG

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HG Brougham, VS Ute, VR SS
Because steve's a know all know nothing dick, that's why...

soop calling it how it is as usual, can always count on you for a straight up no holes barred response..love ya work soop