Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Magnatec thoughts?

H

harrop.senator

I know the get them in the door trick but assumed it'd crack even didn't think they'd actually take a loss.

Hpr gas is good its now in the ls , the gsx and the Cbr lol good all rounder was using the nulon everyday 15 40 in the bikes but sold the race daily bought a commuter daily and is oil cooled so reckon that extra ten may come in handy lol.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Ive decided to go with nulon 5w 30 full syn. Min requirement is a semi syn and 5w is the normal gear. 27 bucks for 5L at SCA. I've used Nulon before and it seems pretty ok. Glad I didn't get castrol now.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Yeah the hpr gas is good for the bikes since it doesn't have friction modifiers, and it doesn't seem to make the clutch drag (I ride an exc) in any of my bikes. Recently sold my YZ250 and thats all I ever ran in the trans - I fully rebuilt it not long before I sold it with a wide ratio gearset from a wr450f and that made it an enduro weapon. The electric start of the kato won me over and I got it at a price I couldn't refuse.

H

harrop.senator

I miss my 490 big bore cammed wrf so bad. Thing eats crf450s like it's its job lol. No clutch slip On hpr gas with a full Kevlar Barnett clutch in my old gixxer and thing was a nine second bike all dayyyyy.

Nylons good man. I use primarily only nulon in all my boxes and diffs and have used countless additives and engine oils.

Id rate them higher then castrol apart from castrol Sport or whatever the gold bottle is. The lifted their game hard out on that. Oh and Rx super or whatever the new name for it is pretty much only diesel oil I use.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Interesting you guys are running engine oil in bike GB,s. I have an RD 400 with 53hp ATRW stock they are about 26-27 and weigh probably 20kg more than mine. I have only ever run 2 stroke GB oil. Which is around 30 bucks a litre for Rock Oil. Clutch is a bastard to pull in on the track given you change down 4 gears every 100m. Up shift i rarely clutch. One its quicker if you're trying to keep up with blokes on their modern 750s. I have CB 750 clutch springs because i was getting too much slip even with the HD springs. Good to know there might be a cheaper option than what I currently use.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Yeah as long as the oil doesn't have friction modifiers, it's good to use provided you use the correct rating and base type (mineral, synth etc).

I also have a 77 dt400 I restored. Things got crazy torque lol, just another project that isn't on the road yet.

Bike oil's just more expensive because they put a fancy sticker on it and market it as 'motorcycle oil'.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
You're telling me. Add racing on the front of that and the price quadruples

H

harrop.senator

Jason ma approval is the international standard for wet clutch approved. If the bottle states it she's good to go.

Mmm rd400 , I'm erect. When I can justify another couple bikes one will be two stroke almost bought an rgv250 as a daily when I sold the gsxr responsible Hayden talked me out of it.... The bastard.

H

harrop.senator

Also sorry for threadjacking hard but most wet clutch manufacturers won't warrant full synth oil no matter the brand even Bel Ray ams oil etc. Barnett and ebc don't warrant it reclutching my cotton wool Cbr 900 atm and the packet had it written pretty clearly lol.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I looking for some extra HP for when I get back into racing again. Mech is going to reshape a pair of RD 250 heads that i have and work out that the compression doesn't get any more than what I have or it will seize up if Im not careful. When I was building the bike we were going to mill tje barrels and weld in new intakes off a kX 250. Had we done that i reckon i would be pushing 62hp. But the cost was gonna be insane. Instead we fitted KX 80 reed blocks and reeds and just did a fair amount of porting.

Last edited: