Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Magnatec thoughts?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Bike owes me about 7k or more. And to upgrade the heads i will be looking at another 1k by the time its dynoed. I had considered getting a close ratio box off a tz 350 and running a dry clutch. RD box has a fair jump between 3rd and 4th so need to keep it around 8k or you lose too much speed while it catches up. I mean revs much below 7.5k and it drops out of the power band.

Last edited:
H

harrop.senator

My original cr125 as a 95 pushed 38rwhp with a knobbly once done. All of that stuff makes me laugh sometimes on the stuff I've built and what it's made and sunk so much cash on then.

Then my last daily with cams, springs , exhaust and tune pulled 165rwhp . Ever since owning an 893 Honda with a can a good tune, filters and a timing advancer pull 125 atw ive decided that hours of porting and valve changes are for suckers.

I'm buying a faired 2 stroke for optimal coolness and turboing something efi. 20 hours of porting, can fit and modify a turbo set up .

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
With my old 2ey porting made a massive difference. I suspect on a 4 stroke it wouldn't be the same percentage of increase given the engine is a fair bit different in design. The new bikes now just need retuning and some decent pipes and friggin oath people are easilly getting 140hp out an injected 750.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Obviously I cant run a turbo but i have thought about getting my mech to make some power valves for my chambers.

H

harrop.senator

Yeah mine was an 02 gixxer and pissed 165 with ease bump sticks and supporting mods. Two stroke porting is huge in difference. Also you can turbo anything and everything get the silly idea you can't out of your head :p

Plenty of turbo two strokes out there.

I have a turbo off a Cummins sitting next to my big block for future shenanigans. And the old turbo that only made 290 atw on a 2l car for a future zx12 or 954. Turbo the world.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
A guy I know and myself both using magnatec (mine was 9yrs. old when I got mine the owner was using magnatec the whole time 10000klm oil changes).
Magnatec is sticky.
Anyway both pickups blocked up oil light came up.
Sump was taken off (make a ball with your hands) a ball of carbon was in the sump and it was sticky.
New pickup and a few oil flushes and filters it came clean.
The filters had matchstick head size carbon bits.
Never used it again and changed to 5000klm oil changes.
My mates motor was not as lucky he got a second hand one.
I run ACDelco 20w50 mineral which is made by Fuchs

first I've ever heard of cardon issue with a Castrol oil(they tend to have more detergents and others). Mum and dads Vs has done 230k on mangatec with std 10k changes and clean as runs a dream

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah mine was an 02 gixxer and pissed 165 with ease bump sticks and supporting Also you can turbo anything and everything get the silly idea you can't out of your head :p

Plenty of turbo two strokes out there.
doubt that race regs would allow a turbo on period 5. One scrutineer got narky about me have 34mm flat slide Mikuni's. It goes pretty hard anyway. I just need to get my confidence back. Last time I went out on tne track was a practice day and was wasnt really pushing it like i have in the past. Need new tyres and ideally i would get Avon race runners. That way i can corner a bit harder and know it won't slip. Not having the torque of some of the moderns when you ride in brackets you need to be on the power while you're still leaned over but that causes wheel spin, made even worse with hard old tyres.

Last edited:

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
first I've ever heard of cardon issue with a Castrol oil(they tend to have more detergents and others). Mum and dads Vs has done 230k on mangatec with std 10k changes and clean as runs a dream
Got no idea I wish I had a phone then would have taken pics.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
FB_IMG_1514419311512.jpg
this is the RD harrop. This shot is pretty old. Back then i was pushing around 45hp. Putting RG 250 tapered headers gave me an increase of about 8hp which was way more than we expected.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I had considered selling it so i could finish building my house. But decided not to knowing if i did i would never be able to buy another as good. My RD has 1000s in engine work, including blue printing and undercut gearbox. Chambers alone to replace would around 1000 bucks now. I really want to get the bike from SA to Tasmania where i live now. But no one in Tasmania is able to reshape the heads and then it would need dynoing. When I have a spare grand i will get the work done and bring the bike across.