Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Magnum Ute 1/18 Scale

Gmac 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV-R Manual PBM Ute
Hi Guys. This is a question for Magnum ute owners and anyone else in the know. Did Magnum utes come with a scale model in the same colour as the real thing like the Motorsport and Director did?
If so, who made them...?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Hi Guys. This is a question for Magnum ute owners and anyone else in the know. Did Magnum utes come with a scale model in the same colour as the real thing like the Motorsport and Director did?
If so, who made them...?

I think Biante made them. Only the MSE owners got one...

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director
Only the Motorsport came with a 1/18 replica scale model in Red Hot, made by Biante.

Magnum and Director owners did not receive a model.

Would attribute this to Biante having already tooled and produced the 2016 SSVR which provides the base for the Motorsport edition. The Director and Magnums, having different body styles, have not been produced by Biante before and wouldn’t be produced purely for 360 and 240 builds respectively. That’s not to say that they won’t do it in the future though, when it is commercially viable to create new body tooling.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Imoengnr and tommy_z are correct, it was Biante that supplied the 1:18 models with the MSE only and not with the Director or Magnum for the reason already pointed out by tommy_z.

Biante is due to release the MSE 1:18 scale model to the general public early next year.

Commodore Motorsport Edition 1.18.jpg

https://shop.biante.com.au/products/1-18-holden-vfii-commodore-motorsport-edition-pre-order

https://www.motorfocus.com.au/product/holden-vfii-commodore-motorsport-edition-in-heron-white/

Gmac 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV-R Manual PBM Ute
Thanks guys. I though that was the case. Why Bianti doesn't make a vf/vf2 ute but choose to make a Maloo confuses me. I'd ask but, call me dumb, I can't find "contact" details on their web site......

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Imoengnr and tommy_z are correct, it was Biante that supplied the 1:18 models with the MSE only and not with the Director or Magnum for the reason already pointed out by tommy_z.

Biante is due to release the MSE 1:18 scale model to the general public early next year.

View attachment 202584

https://shop.biante.com.au/products/1-18-holden-vfii-commodore-motorsport-edition-pre-order

https://www.motorfocus.com.au/product/holden-vfii-commodore-motorsport-edition-in-heron-white/

Nah Bro. It's coz Motorsport owners rock!

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Nah Bro. It's coz Motorsport owners rock!

Cuda what colour did your 1:18 model come in?

I hadn't thought about it before and now I'm interested to find out if they were coded to the colour of the owner's car.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Cuda what colour did your 1:18 model come in?

I hadn't thought about it before and now I'm interested to find out if they were coded to the colour of the owner's car.

I wish I could say Spitfire. But alas, they were all Red Hot. Cool model though.
I've had a Spitfire Redline model ordered for about 6 months. Its almost as long a wait as the real one from Holden.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I wish I could say Spitfire. But alas, they were all Red Hot. Cool model though.
I've had a Spitfire Redline model ordered for about 6 months. Its almost as long a wait as the real one from Holden.

The Spitfire is supposed to be out about now, it's a shame it doesn't come with the stripe package.