Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mags

madreader222

Aero Rules
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp Aero
Just wondering if you could tell me what type of mags i have on my car, they are very rare as you never see them on any other cars and i just need to knwo. I was told about 5 years ago that they were off a HSV or Clubsport buti don't know.
Here is a picciehttp://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y289/babymad/?action=view&current=103_9791.jpg
The reason i ask is an old bag ran the red light on Monday 23rd March and took me with her and the insurance company can find them anywhere or how much they may be. Just thought you guys might know. Thanks so much if you do.
Here is a piccie of my car and the wheel,:cry:Aero Hits The Dust picture by babymad - Photobucket. That is what is left of the car, we took tge front bar off etc, but what a bloody mess.:cry:

90lxcn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 lexcen
they dont look anything special to me but meh im know to be wrong, if her insurance company is paying then just got to a wheel and tyre mob locally and see if they are awre of what they are, if not im sure someone here will prolly know eventualy

muttley383

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 383
They do look like HSV/Clubsport rims with a centre cap. HSV rims did not have the cap.
There were plenty of copies produced of this style.

madreader222

Aero Rules
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp Aero
they dont look anything special to me but meh im know to be wrong, if her insurance company is paying then just got to a wheel and tyre mob locally and see if they are awre of what they are, if not im sure someone here will prolly know eventualy

They do look like HSV/Clubsport rims with a centre cap. HSV rims did not have the cap.
There were plenty of copies produced of this style.
Thanks for your replies guys.:thumbsup:

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
They are copies of VR clubsports, copies were made in both 16, and 17 inch versions, i'd inform the insurance company that they were an aftermarket copy of a design, and are no longer in production , therefore it will be required that all 4 wheels be replaced. You tell them, don't let them tell you!!!

Mavr1k

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 6 Speed Manual
Ditto to the above. I used to see a VR Clubbie with rims that looked pretty close to the ones on your car....Looked at trying to get some for my car, but then managed to get my hands on my Chrome ones, so on THEY went!

madreader222

Aero Rules
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp Aero
They are copies of VR clubsports, copies were made in both 16, and 17 inch versions, i'd inform the insurance company that they were an aftermarket copy of a design, and are no longer in production , therefore it will be required that all 4 wheels be replaced. You tell them, don't let them tell you!!!

Ditto to the above. I used to see a VR Clubbie with rims that looked pretty close to the ones on your car....Looked at trying to get some for my car, but then managed to get my hands on my Chrome ones, so on THEY went!

Thanks guys for replying. Cheers.:thumbsup:

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Copies were also made in 15s ;)