Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

mail order tune

Macka21

Reaction score
Members Ride
CAMMED VY SS Series 2 M6
hey my mate was telling me bout a mail order tune.. is there such a thing and could it be possible to get one for my vy spack and wats involved with doing this???

Junny

purrrrrr
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo + shitty painted vp
hey my mate was telling me bout a mail order tune.. is there such a thing and could it be possible to get one for my vy spack and wats involved with doing this???

apparently its 1.3k its a piggy back thingy. price quoted from Enhanced automotive (the sponser from this forum)

Skooby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS
Ouch $1300 for a mail order tune is a bit steep.

Oztrack do mail order tunes for $400, for the LS1's, so they may do something for the 6?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
apparently its 1.3k its a piggy back thingy. price quoted from Enhanced automotive (the sponser from this forum)

I think you better check that price, I know for fact enhanced mail orders are not 1300. That sounds like a tune + OTR.

Skooby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS

lukeyVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY Executive 2
ive heard numerous cases with quotes like "couldnt tell the difference" or "seems slower yet uses more fuel".. thus why id rather get it dyno tuned or something or wait for someone that isnt a muppet or shark and knows what they're doing, seems not many people know how to tune the ecu in the VY/VZ era, and they slug ya for getting it done if possible. i dont like the idea of how it all works, ebay etc..

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6
When i had my VY SS i got a mail order tune which gave GREAT results. I highly recommend Brad's tunes. A proper dyno tune is better, but costs more.

Slippy_Trippy

Unicorn Shepard
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT II Commodore Acclaim
How do mail order tunes get put together? Is it from engine sensor info on your old memcal?

Junny

purrrrrr
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo + shitty painted vp
I think you better check that price, I know for fact enhanced mail orders are not 1300. That sounds like a tune + OTR.

enhancedss said:
Junny said:
enhancedss said:
Junny said:
enhancedss said:
Junny said:
yeah i sent u a pm about can i get one for my v6 vy spack ute. u asked me is it a 6 or 8 then never got back to me. just thought u missed it.
thanks

i only do mailorder tunes for v8's, however i do have another way it can be done, thats with a piggy back, where you could wire it in, installed already with a tune, then if you want to modify the tune, it can be done with ease. By yourself for that matter.

Regards Brad

how much does that cost? and what other things would i need to know?

i do check

i do check.

I will shoot you through a wiring diagram, and tune already for you to install, its not hard at all.

Price will be $1300 inc freight.

Last edited: