Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[LS1] Mailorder mafless tune done ... what took me so long??

hwy747

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Berlina 5.7L / VW Golf GTi
Well....I got my "mailorder" tuned PCM back today, installed it, and holy crap does it make a difference! I can't believe it took me this long to get it done!! If anyone is considering doing it, I say go for it! You will LOVE it!! :yahoo:

Example....half throttle off the line, changed into second and loses traction quite nicely!! Traction control shut it down before it became too illegal!! Bring on track day .... :driving:

HRT 666

Cammed 8t-body stroker
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubby S2 M6
Next step-up is a custom tune instead of the mail order, dont get me wrong they are much better then the stock tune for sure.
Who did the tune?

s_ikari2015

Fun IS easier with an 8
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 Monaro V2 CV8, '83 Subaru Sherpa, '87 Sherpa
I installed my mailorder mafless tune over the weekend and yeah it makes a huge difference! The throttle is far more responsive and you can easily notice the power improvement.

I paid $350 for mine plus $150 deposit from Turbo Industries on eBay. Installation is fun (not) and I highly suggest you do it when the car is cold!

Vt_vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
carless for now
yeah go the proper dyno tune is definetly better and for only a few hundred more unless your really tight on cash

Mr_Clubsport

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
custom tune ftw :) plus most places should do free retuning :)

worth the 600 bucks :)