Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mailorder MAFless tune- questions

lockmac

Reaction score
Hi guys.
I am thinking of getting a mail order MAFless tune and am just curious about a few things:
- I am looking on ebay for OTR intakes and am just wandering what the difference is between buying a plastic one and one of those aluminium ones- just looks or is there a performance difference?

When you receive the mail order tune, I'm guessing you have to remove the MAF? Is that hard? Then you have to swap the PCM over?

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers!

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
My mail order is awesome, highly recommend it. Removing the PCM is no dramas, the maf will be removed once you fit your OTR and remove the airbox. Check my link to my ride, my OTR is from Duspeed.

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
One word of advice on eBay OTRs, ESPECIALLY the 'plastic' ones. 99% of these are absolute pieces of sh!t. They're made of inferior materials. I strongly recommend a proven brand of OTR eg. DUS, Orssom, Russo, Ziggy, there's a heap out there. Yes you'll pay a fraction of the price for an eBay OTR, but you get what you pay for with these (really not even that).
Just giving you the heads up. :beer chug: