Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Major Problem with my vp v6

georgeonboost

clutch it!
Reaction score
Members Ride
slammed VP EXEC
hey guys. i have a vp s1 and i just put a vp s2 motor in and converted the car to manual from automatic. my car was on gas and i have removed all the gas system and i also bought a new engine loom for piece of mind as they cut into the loom for the gas etc. and i've used the manual wiring loom i got for the gearbox etc. but this isn't the case.

i've connected everything and i went to start the car but i only get 2 lights on the dash coming up. the battery light and another light (can't remember which one it was). i know there should be more lights coming up on the dash like the engine light etc. not even the handbrake light comes on either. i've tried another ecu and nothing has changed. could the engine loom i got be cactus? i really don't know what to do right now.

thanx,

George

georgeonboost

clutch it!
Reaction score
Members Ride
slammed VP EXEC
dont worry guys. delcowizzid help fault find with me. was a silly mistake on my behalf. it was the white plug just above where the ECU sits which i forgot to plug up.

thanx

George