Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Major vibrations/rattles

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Since I installed the sub into the VK, I've had nothing but Constant and really loud rattles in the boot, not just from the locking mechanism, but from the sheet metal lid itself. I looked at it, and found some of the weld joins from the structure of the boot to the bootlid had somewhat seperated. Apart from going out and getting a new lid, what can I do :confused:

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
A mate of mine had this problem with his VL, what he ended up doing was grabbing some sealleys (l don't have a clue how you spell it) all clear or something like that and "filling in" where the welds had broken. After he did this his boot was fixxed.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Oh ok cool... I'll investigate that

chevy_big_block_bro

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VYII SV8 One tonner
ive got 2 15's in a vn and it rattled like hell untill i filled the boot lid with that expander foam, its a bit messy but all u need is a hell of a lot of duct tape otherwise it spills out everywhere

N

nofords

Yea either go with the foam in a can or just foam out of a matress and really pack it in there. Ive got a 15" and the only thing that rattles i havent found yet!! And its annoying the hell out of me.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
alright.. I'll throw some foam in there, and if that doesnt work, see if the silly cone will..

It sounds real nice inside, but you get outside to talk to someone, and you can't hear the music... just the rattles :(

N

nofords

Yea, not trying to be "ricey" but i want people to hear the bass not my car nearly vibrating apart. This one rattle i have left is a turd but ill find him and take him down..

fourstar82

Head Chef Honcho
Reaction score
Website
s31.photobucket.com
Members Ride
VYII 25th Anniversary, 2007 VE Calais
I haven't got a sub, but when I have my stereo turned up the drivers sider door rattles. More noticable when the car is stationary, not so bad when it is moving. I would take apart the door but i still haven't managed to work out how to take off the plastic thing around the lock thingy, even though I've read the how-to poor apart your door thread. Some diagrams/photos would be nice to help! oooh, theres and idea, produce short videos on how to do stuff. Sure that'd help alot of people.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
That would be an alright idea, but for quality video's, the owner (Darren) would have to up the ante on the Bandwith/Space of the webserver.

nofords said:
Yea, not trying to be "ricey" but i want people to hear the bass not my car nearly vibrating apart. This one rattle i have left is a turd but ill find him and take him down..

I have faith in you!!

While the VK's off the road, I'll work on getting rid of the rattles, I'll invest in some selley's all clear and find some old cusions and etc etc to stuff in the gaps.

I'll post the 'success'.

Edit: I just thought.. haha, maybe my friggen sub is too powerful for the damn car!

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
fourstar82 said:
I would take apart the door but i still haven't managed to work out how to take off the plastic thing around the lock thingy

I take it we are talking the orange tab on the door lock? I've always used an o-ring pick but really you can use anything which has a small hook on the end.