Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

make my VR louder!

jace123

jckoolio
Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 94 VR Executive
Hey.. curious i have a VR and just got a 2 1/2" cat back for free off another VR... it only has one muffler... will puting it on my car make it much louder? and is there anyway cheap ways to make it louder? without too much engine work and screwing up fuel consupmtion too much... im only 2nd apprentice :p... like sure get a hi-flo cat and paceys and that but im looken for pritty much free ways lol

nathg

Reaction score
Members Ride
MX83
Make it louder? the cat back will be a bit louder than stock, should sound alright. But if you want EXTREME loudness, either remove the whole section from after your cat (will sound like a tug boat but attracts all the babes plus gets you high cause the fumes come into the cabin) or dump it at the diff. Both are illegal, but will make it very very loud.

jace123

jckoolio
Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 94 VR Executive
Make it louder? the cat back will be a bit louder than stock, should sound alright. But if you want EXTREME loudness, either remove the whole section from after your cat (will sound like a tug boat but attracts all the babes plus gets you high cause the fumes come into the cabin) or dump it at the diff. Both are illegal, but will make it very very loud.

What do ya rekon about removing that muffler so thers no muffler at all... just 2 1/2" from cat, to the rear?(want some sugest befor i do any grinding lol)... what do you think about canons? i know YESSSS we all think they are gay as hell but do they do anything? i never looked into em

"cheers"

Paiste402

My workin on the car face
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 EB Fairmont Ghia
put a few rusted holes into the exhaust, worked for my Magna. Now it sounds like a riced out race car.

jace123

jckoolio
Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 94 VR Executive
ehh the quote didn't work....

what do you rekon about removing that muffler? so there's no muffler at all just from cat threw 2 1/2" and another thing... i know they are GAY as all hell but what do you rekon about canons i have never looked into em... do they make any louder or what or they just crap? or dose it depend on what kind?

"cheers"

nathg

Reaction score
Members Ride
MX83
ehh the quote didn't work....

what do you rekon about removing that muffler? so there's no muffler at all just from cat threw 2 1/2" and another thing... i know they are GAY as all hell but what do you rekon about canons i have never looked into em... do they make any louder or what or they just crap? or dose it depend on what kind?

"cheers"
OK, note the sarcasm in my last post..it is illegal to remove the exhaust in such a way, even at the diff is illegal. Niether sound very good on a stock 3.8 V6, so...

In terms of a cannon, read around, you will quickly determine that they only belong on pirate ships and not commodores. I would not recommend it, heard the results and its HORRIBLE. Just save up and do it properly, get the satisfaction:thumbsup:

jokerflingo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VY SS 2003 - 6 Speed Manual
OK, note the sarcasm in my last post..it is illegal to remove the exhaust in such a way, even at the diff is illegal. Niether sound very good on a stock 3.8 V6, so...

In terms of a cannon, read around, you will quickly determine that they only belong on pirate ships and not commodores. I would not recommend it, heard the results and its HORRIBLE. Just save up and do it properly, get the satisfaction:thumbsup:

I think its legal dumping the exhaust at the diff on a ute because theres no rear seat :thumbsup:

jace123

jckoolio
Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 94 VR Executive
carbon monoxides good for you :p

jace123

jckoolio
Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 94 VR Executive
another thing.. anyone know anything about removing the bellmouth? im not interested in power more interested in loudness... not like im gena be racing :p
BUT if you know or think its gena increase fuel consumption tell me... i thort it would coz... like more air requires more fuel right (air fuel ratio) so like if ya know for sure if it dose and how much would be good

cheers

nathg

Reaction score
Members Ride
MX83
There is a thread on removing it. Mixed opinions from people, some say it makes the car run like **** and decreases performance, others say it makes idle much smoother and drives better. Guess it has to do with the engine condition, I am yet to remove mine, but with all the critisim of removing it, don't think I'll bother.