Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Makin da music LOUD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nobody Actually

luxo barge
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 wm Caprice
well did you mean you want it hear outside while you are drivin? or when you're at a mates place and want to show off?

My Car Pwns

16 Mths Suspended Lisence
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fully Sick Push Bike Uleh!
mates place.. it just sounds treblish, with boot rattle..
all the audio is ok just the bass of the music is harder to hear? (past the boot rattle)

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
If you're at a mate's place, you can open the boot... Otherwise follow the other instructions that I gave previously :)

Lower frequency bass travels further, so maybe it's the subs, the box they're in or even the music you're playing. I know that certain songs with low bass travel alot further. With my old car, I did a test at a recreational where there was no one else and played different music to see how far away it could be heard... Even did it with windows and things opened/closed. Even closed, it might not sound that loud next to the car, it still travels a fair distance.

Where is the box located? What direction is it facing? In my cars it's pretty much always been behind the seats facing rearwards and it has been loud. Facing up towards the bootlid was loud too, but you need to fix the boot lid rattles.

Nobody Actually

luxo barge
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 wm Caprice
see you didn't clarify that before and that's why you copped so much flak.
there are two things you can do. first, for sound quality, spend a bit of time and money doing the opposite of what i suggested earlier.
seal your boot with more sound deadening and try to tighten down anything that rattles. selly's no gaps or expantion foam can fix your boot lid. now although your car on the outside will sound "quieter" the quality of you music inside your car will grow in leaps and bounds. also the fact that only the bass and not as much of the rattle will be reaching your ears. the next part is up to your wallet.

how big a system you buy and how loud it is depends on how far you want to go.

remember, holden didn't design the car to have a few hundred watts of sound to be pumped through it. it's like your motor. you don't expect it to go too fast without spending some time and money on it do you? same applies to your stereo system

mouce

Physics Geek
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Series 1 Executive Sedan
LOL. This thread is priceless. Seriously, most people are rapt if they can't really hear it outside the car, it means that they've done a good job installing it. It also means that there is no chance that they will get taken up the arse by the EPA for noise polution.

The whole idea of car sound systems to to be able to hear them inside the car. The idea of a good sound system in a car is to be able to hear it ONLY inside the car.

My Car Pwns

Reaction score
Members Ride
lol.. inside the car is absolutely perfect.. for all yous who think im polluting.. then why would i face my sub towards the inside of the car, instead of facing out? im jus disappointed that although its perfect inside, outside it sounds like crap.. thats why i wanna fix it up..

So... BOOT RATTLE: gap filla between the interwinding sheets of metal?

if your outside standing in front of my car sounds good and music/bass travels, but behind all u hear is vibrations n rattles, if i press down on the boot u cant hear much bass..

Nobody Actually

luxo barge
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 wm Caprice
tape up most of the holes in the boot lid's sub frame leaving some so you can get nozzle in there. then start filling away, just don't use too much or it'll leak out before drying as it expands and place a tarp in your boot to catch any drips. allow for recommended time to dry and away you go.

put rubber spacers (little washers) behind number plate screws so they don't rattle.

just find bit by bit as you go along. and fix.

as i said before. the way you came across seemed as though you wanted everyone in the neighbour hood to hear it.
you're not going to get it the same loudness outside your car as in it with every thing shut. it's not the way sound works

My Car Pwns

Reaction score
Members Ride
i got the sub facing in the car.. (its a VL) n i've got the back seat metal frame with a 24 inch hole so u can the sub from in the car.. and it fill the car with bass.. if i turn it facing outsude the car, it jus rattles even more..

i'v tried the silicon stuff for the boot lid, that mostly worked.. i'l do the number plate 2nite.. but where most the rattle comes from seems like underneath the boot..

Nobody Actually

luxo barge
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 wm Caprice
thats a fun one.

ever pulled out a fuel tank before?

that rattle will be from between your bottom boot skin and your fuel tank.

you can do the whole expantion foam thing again if you want or pull it off and put in some rubber matting or something.......

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
markiuliano said:
i got the sub facing in the car.. (its a VL) n i've got the back seat metal frame with a 24 inch hole so u can the sub from in the car.. and it fill the car with bass.. if i turn it facing outsude the car, it jus rattles even more..
Facing the sub rearwards will make it significantly louder inside and outside the car, but you will have to fix more rattles... So you want loud and fix rattles? Or not as loud and not have to fix rattles?

markiuliano said:
i'v tried the silicon stuff for the boot lid, that mostly worked.. i'l do the number plate 2nite.. but where most the rattle comes from seems like underneath the boot..
My jack in my boot used to rattle alot, have you checked that?

Status
Not open for further replies.