Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Making a Commodore into a Clubsport

lockmac

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am rather new to this forum and would love some help on my new car, as i have many questions. Any answers would be great

Basically.. I am going to buy a commodore executive and spend a bit of money on it, with the hope of having it look a lot like a VX clubsport.

First thing, I am probably going to buy a VX Clubsport body kit, with the front mesh grill. Does anyone know how much I should expect to pay for this.. and a good place to buy it from?

I am going to get it lowered... does anyone know the best place to get this done and how much it would cost etc?

Also.. this may seem like a weird question, but on some commodores, I notice down the side, there is a black trim (looks to be about an inch thick) that runs down the side of the car, whereas some other cars dont have it. Can i just pull this off and it will be the same colour underneath or what?

Can anyone think of anything else I might wanna do to make it look more and more like a VX clubby?

Any help appreciated

Im going to get it tinted, but im pretty right with that I think, and the wheels should be right as well

TriK

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VT Berlina II sedan
telling us ur location will help us recommend places.

lockmac

Reaction score
Oooo sorry I thought I did that..Im from Rosebud, which is an hour from Melbourne in Victoria. So yeh Melbourne basically

Thanks!

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Ha, rosebud...im sorta near there in mornington...

I have to say, putting a clubby kit on an exec is like against the law by me...
But yeah to their own i guess...

Neways, i recon ur best bet would be ebay caus i haven't heard of anywhere around here that does clubby kits...could be wrong though caus i've never really hunter for it...

Ohh, if u do get one though, try and make sure its made of plastic and not fiberglass...

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

No fake clubbies.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Haha....
Agree...fake clubbies r annoying...
But what ya gonna do...

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
oh well they will neva sound like one or go as fast :)

lockmac

Reaction score
Yeh i know.. and I usually am one to frown upon those who do mockups, but its all i can afford, and have always had my mind set on a clubsport. If it makes anyone feel any better, im not planning on putting on the badging or anything like that, im stil gonna keep the "commodore" badging on the back, merely just am planning on adding the body kit to it for looks

Thanks

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Why not just keep the car standard? Lower it, Do wheels, Do windows etc, then the money you save from not uglifying the car you could put towards a clubby :)