Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Making Bourbon

fleet5ltr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYI equipe sedan and vyII acclaim wagon
Hey just wondering if anyone out there makes their own spirits. I'm making bourbon. I've got a 20ltr hot water urn that i converted into a still.

Doctor Sodways

Legendary Baby!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Slammed VeeDub Rat and a Brunette...
I know plenty of people who do, im yet to try some of their stuff, but they produce a fair bit. The people who have tried keep getting it from them, so it must be good

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Coot Yoot Yoot thars a damn hillbilly postin' on JC !!!
My advice !!!
Don't do it unless you know what your doing and are prepared for the consequences if caught.
I assume you know pure alcohol will make you blind ???
not blind drunk... but Blind need walking cane Blind...
plus its illegal to run a still as far as I know.

Heres some extra info on concentrated alcohol
http://home.howstuffworks.com/alcohol5.htm

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
There is a limit on the still size for personal use. I forgot the max size. After that, it's classed as commercial quantity. I was wanting to get my own set up by Christmas but they are about $400.

Illegal? Do people care less?! You know downloading ripped music from P2P is also illegal but stealing too.

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Slim said:
Illegal? Do people care less?! You know downloading ripped music from P2P is also illegal but stealing too.

Yeah... but that aint going to kill you with one mouthful is it now ???:b:

Like I said... if you know what you're doing i.e (are a trained Chemist) and are prepared for the consequences if caught...

personally I wouldn't bother risking my health on drinking some backyarders moonshine... homebrews on the other hand mmmm :)

Last edited:

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
At least you know what you are drinking and it's clean.

It's all safe. You dilute it down to around 40% then add the essence and you have got your mix. The pure product is around 90% alcohol. If you can afford to buy the equipment and sugar, then you should be sensible enough to drink it in moderation just as you should whenever you drink a bottle of rum bought at the bottle shop. At least some people drink responsibly! :)

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
My dads mate makes moonshine, it's potent ****. It doesnt taste nice, just burns all the way down, terrible stuff.

Its a bit better when mixed with flavourings but i still think buying the stuff from the shops is nicer, more time effective (and works out cheaper)

POVRTY

building 5L VB TH 400
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wm L98 caprice
i think i would become an alcholic if i could make bourbon