Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Making Driver's seat stay down

doctorjoolz

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman
I was wondering if anyone had a solution so that I can keep the electric driver's seat down in my VF Calais. At the moment it comes up automatically after a few minutes when the car turns everything off to save battery. I want to be able to nap without being disturbed by the seat going back into its normal position. I can't find how to override the normal power down routine.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I don't know if this is a good idea or not ... but is the fuse for it inside the cabin?

You can get circuit-breaker blade fuses, where a circuit-breaker replaces the piece of metal; but it means you could simply flick the switch on the circuit-breaker & it's the same as pulling a fuse yet without all the fumbling to find it (it'll be the only circuit-breaker in the fuse box) & then to put it back.

But maybe research whether or not
(a) a circuit breaker fuse is a bad idea in a car for Reasons
(b) it's a bad idea to pull the fuse for the driver's power seat for Reasons

doctorjoolz

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman
Thanks for the quick reply Forg, but I don't want to be pulling and replacing fuses just to have a nap. May as well get in the back!

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Only pulling and replacing once ... thereafter, only flicking the switch.

But obviously if there's a MyLink setting that's waaaay preferable! :)

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
If your car has seat memory, couldn‘t you turn off driver personalisation, then adjust the seat for the ”nap” before saving that to one of the seat memory locations? May be the seat will then stay at that saved position after the system power down... But you may also have to turn off that driver seat entry/exit setting within MyLink...

Old cars were so much easier.... adjust the seats as you like and it would stay that way until you decide to adjust the seat to a different position... now it needs to be “programmed” :rolleyes:

Guess all this “modern electronics” takes away from the spontaneity of old where the next new vehicle feature will be chaperone mode. If the vehicle has a certain periodic rock, the car will phone home and spoil the fun :eek::p

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Old cars were so much easier.... adjust the seats as you like and it would stay that way until you decide to adjust the seat to a different position... now it needs to be “programmed” :rolleyes:

Amen to that, brother .......... and you got to make the decisions (good or bad) on how it was driven without the car's warning bells, chimes, and flashing lights telling you that the sky was about to fall..

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
Come on Doc. Can't you just wiggle into the backseat, curl up and have your powernap there without worrying about the seat??
I do this, albeit with a much roomier wagon, just folding the seats down and inflating my mattress.

I don't have seat memory in my VF, and don't need it. But I understand in higher-spec chariots (ie. yours), 3 positions can be set in memory, so if the memory isn't holding, something else is not quite kosher.

Anyways, sweet dreams.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Can't you just wiggle into the backseat, curl up and have your powernap there without worrying about the seat??
I do this, albeit with a much roomier wagon

You could do it in the boot of a sedan too..just use the battery breather hose as a snorkel to the outside.....

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)

Attachments

• Falling Elmo.gif
    Falling Elmo.gif
    236.1 KB · Views: 109

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V
I was wondering if anyone had a solution so that I can keep the electric driver's seat down in my VF Calais. At the moment it comes up automatically after a few minutes when the car turns everything off to save battery. I want to be able to nap without being disturbed by the seat going back into its normal position. I can't find how to override the normal power down routine.

Well, that is weird. Check if you have the Easy Exit option turned off in MyLink. When the car is switched off, this feature moves the seat out of the way to aid easy entry and exit. But, I thought it stayed there till someone gets back in the car and turns it on. I have turned this feature off since its very annoying to be moved around every time the car switches on or off.

From page# 47 of the user manual

Easy Exit Driver’s Seat
If programmed on in the vehicle personalization menu, the easy exit feature automatically moves the driver’s seat rearwards to a preset position when exiting the vehicle. See Vehicle Personalization 0 117ii.

Easy exit driver’s seat automatically activates when one of the following occurs:
. The vehicle is turned off and the driver door is opened within a short time.
. The vehicle is turned off with the driver door open.

To stop recall movement, press one of the memory, driver seat, or outside mirror controls.