Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Malaysia

ducatis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE
Hey everyone im going to kuala lumpur - malaysia on saturday and was just wondering if any of you guys have been there before? Basically i want to know how much cheaper stuff is over there? Particulary things like ipods.

Cheers Mitch

Kenster84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX
just beware on what you buy over the reason for fake or stolen goods. A recommended place to go is in the city, that sale all technology stuff i cant remember the name sorry.

POVRTY

building 5L VB TH 400
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wm L98 caprice
ive been to malaysia and i was born there. on an island called penang i went back there when i was 14 or 15 i pods werent around then........... your heeps lucky id kill to back there

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
Not sure on things like i-pods, but a can of coke (330ml)was $1.75 at Kuala Lumpur airport. Things there didn't seem that cheap tbh.:(

POVRTY

building 5L VB TH 400
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wm L98 caprice
mostly at markets u will find cheap ****. but it is exactly that.........cheap ****. the food is awsome!!

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
I went to KL last year. In the city everything is expensive. They have little markets near monorail stations, but it's all crap. Socks which last a day, batteries which don't last and genuine Addedes clothes..

KL's not the cheapest of places.. But it's mad. And the only beer they've heard of is Carlsberg, it's everwhere. Pretty good nightlife..

R Photon

I Like Bresciani Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Commodore
yeah i've been to KL..i got an Ipod in Singapore..which was Jan 05..i paid 500 singapore dollars...when they were 700 in aus...in KL they were 700..

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Get a native malaysian girl to bring home, they are heaps cuter than the chinese girls. That's my tip for the day :)

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
it helps to have a malay friend or similar, my eldest brother went with his malay wife and when they were togewther stuff was pretty pricey but when he was alone she got a couple of good deals, i suppose the trick is to haggle like mad.

oh and stuff the ipod, get a creative vision M they are the shiznit all over ipod video