Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Malaysian Airlines

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
my mind is made up it was shot down due to pilot error flying in the danger zone .

I make it simple for you , if the pilot kept clear of the danger zone, it would not of been shot down. "pilot error"

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
6716866e-0de0-11e4-b467-ce293316fb60_mh17-flight-path.png

pilot error,pilot error,pilot error,pilot error,pilot error,pilot error,pilot error,pilot error,pilot error,pilot error,pilot error,pilot error,pilot error,pilot error,pilot error,pilot error,pilot error,pilot error,pilot error,pilot error,pilot error,pilot error,pilot error,pilot error,pilot error,pilot error,pilot error,pilot error,pilot error,pilot error,pilot error,pilot error,pilot error,pilot error.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
my mind is made up it was shot down due to pilot error flying in the danger zone .

I make it simple for you , if the pilot kept clear of the danger zone, it would not of been shot down. "pilot error"

so you know for fact that the pilot chose to fly that route, rather than being told to?

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman

If you were driving through an intersection and had a green light, and you were hit by another driver who had run a red light into oncoming traffic, who's fault would it be?

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
If you were driving through an intersection and had a green light, and you were hit by another driver who had run a red light into oncoming traffic, who's fault would it be?

hotrod error, hotrod error, hotrod error, hotrod error, hotrod error, hotrod error, hotrod error, hotrod error, hotrod error, hotrod error, hotrod error, hotrod error, hotrod error, hotrod error, hotrod error, hotrod error, hotrod error, hotrod error, hotrod error, hotrod error, hotrod error, hotrod error, hotrod error, hotrod error, hotrod error, hotrod error, hotrod error, hotrod error, hotrod error, hotrod error, hotrod error, hotrod error, hotrod error, hotrod error, hotrod error, hotrod error, hotrod error, hotrod error, hotrod error

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
no one can make you do anything , they have technology on the plane and they knew the dangers of entering that air space and they quite easy could of gone around it . you can't blame it on the tower , i'm very sure if you got told by your boss to jump of a bridge you wouldn't do it , neither should they enter that area . They have got a tongue to say no that would put us at risk if we go with that route.

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2

go to bed princess you're a bit delusional.

probably yours as you had been fined recently for a traffic offence

thestig

resident misanthrope
Reaction score
Members Ride
E34 535i M - E70 X5 M - E60 M5 - No Fear

Hey re.. tard. The route had been declared officially safe to fly by EASA.

If you are looking for someone to blame it would be a regulatory failure you are chasing. Bureaucracy takes time, sure, but separatist rebels shot an Antinov down last week killing 47 servicemen in the process. You would think that would have thrown up a few flags in the EASA office. Someone made the decision to keep the route open, most likely for reasons involving money.

thestig

resident misanthrope
Reaction score
Members Ride
no one can make you do anything , they have technology on the plane and they knew the dangers of entering that air space and they quite easy could of gone around it . you can't blame it on the tower , i'm very sure if you got told by your boss to jump of a bridge you wouldn't do it , neither should they enter that area . They have got a tongue to say no that would put us at risk if we go with that route.

The correct road analogy to use would be one of a bridge... just not jumping off it. You speak as if the air traffic controllers had said to the pilot, "inbound missile, please fly directly at it!"

When you cross a bridge in a car, you trust that all the people involved in its creation, the architect, engineers, building contractors, etc have done their job properly. You are also crossing on the assumption that the road safety authority in your area has conducted regular structural integrity checks and inspections on the bridge. If the bridge collapses when you are on it, who do you blame? It would be highly impractical to spend 20 years training yourself in all the disciplines involved before conducting your own exhaustive inspection and only then making your decision to cross said bridge or not. You rely on the expertise of others.

Think of the alternative case. If the bridge has temporary fencing and road closed signs advising of unsafe conditions, the danger of collapse, and you still attempted to cross the bridge, who would you blame then when it collapsed?

Likewise as a pilot, you have your own field of expertise, flying the plane, you are not expected to be trained in the intricacies of international diplomacy, national security, military strategy or local politics. You rely on the expertise of others. How is the pilot supposed to know that rebel separatists have stolen a sophisticated surface to air missile system? This pilot did not have the benefit of making an informed decision. There was no "ROAD CLOSED" sign at 33,000 feet.

If you really force yourself to think for a change, before responding, I am sure that even someone as dense as yourself can eventually understand this basic concept of community and modern society.

Last edited:

thestig

resident misanthrope
Reaction score
Members Ride
6716866e-0de0-11e4-b467-ce293316fb60_mh17-flight-path.png

Hmmm, so off course by a far margin if that was the original planned flight path

The dotted line is the flight path taken by MH17 on the 16th of July the day previous to the events of July 17th. The solid line MH17 on the 17th.

This is showing that the routing depends on things such as the amount of air traffic, the preferences and systems used by different ATC staff etc.