Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Malibu Underestimated?

Discussion in 'Malibu' started by ben315vz, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Calaber

Calaber Nil Bastardo Carborundum

Members Ride:
    CG Captiva 5 Series 2
    I saw one this week in black. Side on I was immediately reminded of the Epica.

IMO it looks too much like the second series Cruze front-on, Epica in profile and not much outstanding from the rear except for the Camaro-esque separate square lights

A very bland design in a crowded market of other bland designs which has steadily lost ground, like large sedans, to small cars and SUV's.

2. ls1mike

ls1mike New Member

Members Ride:
    2014 Caprice L77
    I have a 2.0 turbo (ltg) stateside. It runs nice. It is fully loaded. I think it is under estimated.
    Mine is 259 hp and 310 ftlbs of torque. They sold a bunch in the states. Having said that the rest of my cars are v8s so there is that

3. Fu Manchu

Fu Manchu Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Slug powered VZ, a VE Calais & your mum.
    We hired one last year and it was so underpowered it was scary to drive.

4. bloodylegend

bloodylegend Member

Members Ride:
    VU S V6 Auto
    I ended up buying one in 2016. For 25k, I could not compare the car to anything else on the market. Commodores were about 15k more. For all the features and technology I got, the commodore-like size of the car and how much smoother it is to drive over the Cruze, I couldn't get anything else. Other mid size cars were much more expensive, and were missing features like climate control or keyless entry.

The only negatives are the smaller engine and power while still going at around 8.5L/100km which I think is a bit average. I'm certain my previous VU went around the same.

After 3 years and 65000kms, the car has been great. No issues at all, and Holden's after sales care has been impressive.