Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Malibu Underestimated?

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I saw one this week in black. Side on I was immediately reminded of the Epica.

IMO it looks too much like the second series Cruze front-on, Epica in profile and not much outstanding from the rear except for the Camaro-esque separate square lights

A very bland design in a crowded market of other bland designs which has steadily lost ground, like large sedans, to small cars and SUV's.

ls1mike

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Caprice L77
I have a 2.0 turbo (ltg) stateside. It runs nice. It is fully loaded. I think it is under estimated.
Mine is 259 hp and 310 ftlbs of torque. They sold a bunch in the states. Having said that the rest of my cars are v8s so there is that

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
We hired one last year and it was so underpowered it was scary to drive.

bloodylegend

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU S V6 Auto
I ended up buying one in 2016. For 25k, I could not compare the car to anything else on the market. Commodores were about 15k more. For all the features and technology I got, the commodore-like size of the car and how much smoother it is to drive over the Cruze, I couldn't get anything else. Other mid size cars were much more expensive, and were missing features like climate control or keyless entry.

The only negatives are the smaller engine and power while still going at around 8.5L/100km which I think is a bit average. I'm certain my previous VU went around the same.

After 3 years and 65000kms, the car has been great. No issues at all, and Holden's after sales care has been impressive.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hardly see them on Aussie roads already. I don’t even see them at wreckers. I still think that’s a good thing.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
and in 3, 2, 1......

Looks like advertising, sounds like advertising, when will it be spam time?

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
and in 3, 2, 1......

Looks like advertising, sounds like advertising, when will it be spam time?
What? I just went and bought a Malibu because of that post. Traded my ZB Insignia in to get it too. Do you mean I fell for the old spam post cheapo sneaky sales pitch.

I’m using the Malibu for the cats to sleep in. They like it is much as the Insignia.

gocanvid

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais Turbo
The second series Camry was a nice thing to drive at the time but couldn't match the Camira's handling. I had quite a bit of experienc with all these cars and enjoyed driving them all.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
The second series Camry was a nice thing to drive at the time but couldn't match the Camira's handling. I had quite a bit of experienc with all these cars and enjoyed driving them all.
Is that you Tezza? I thought you were banned?