Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Maloo bodykit- side wings where can i get them

BlacknWhite

PurpleVEmonster
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6 Ute
Hey mate I have found that if you find someone on eBay that does after market body kits like the ones that are VE but will fit vu or vz for example, contact them and ask if they can make them either that or just enter VE maloo on the eBay search and look for anyone selling random parts ie glovebox, seats, window wipers in my experience these guys are normally wrecking a car and are selling it off piece by piece if you can contact them early enough you can normally get the good bits that go from them at the yard hope this helps

Cheers mate that helps alot i will do and see what i can find out! thanks heaps

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
The other option is that sail extension that Maccas has... I really like it but haven't seen any in sydney. Keep meaning to ask him where it picked it up from.

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/ve-wm/147392-wildfire-ss-ute.html

So your the one who dobbed me in Snips! Haha

IMO the sail plane and maloo hard top won't suit anything but a maloo. Unless you get some more of the body kit it just doesnt look right. At least look into getting the side skirts as well.

BlacknWhite

PurpleVEmonster
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6 Ute
To macca yea I intend on getting the body kit and side skirts but I just love the sailplane sets it of! Maybe not all maloo because I don't want to seem like I'm trying to copy there are a few different front bumpers I like!

Rusty sweet as mate looks bloody brilliant! Keep em coming!

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
love ur car maccas :) made it your own by the looks of it, also to blacknwhite i got photos up of my old car ill let u know when i get my new car photos up and pick it up :)

Thanks Rusty, gotta love it when people stop and stare as you drive past ;)

To macca yea I intend on getting the body kit and side skirts but I just love the sailplane sets it of! Maybe not all maloo because I don't want to seem like I'm trying to copy there are a few different front bumpers I like!

Rusty sweet as mate looks bloody brilliant! Keep em coming!

yea no worries, just from the photo shopped pics it looks like it is missing something!

my old SV6 had a maloo front bumper

Tuff.SSVoodoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
digging up a grave here, but has anyone on here fitted a maloo cover to their ve? im currently in the process of doing it and wanted to know how the made their cover lockable.

on maloos the locking mechanism is in the tailgate and i don't want to spent another $1500 getting a tailgate i don't like

on option ive got is putting the locks on either side like the vz covers have but other than that im stumped

Shm1ck

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Thunder Ute
To fit the Maloo hard lid and sail plane you will need the tailgate to make the lid lockable, as Tuff asked, I don't think there is an easy solution. There is no wiring or actuators in the lid itself to lock onto something. I will be doing this to my ute soon and will be getting the complete set up.

Another factor it the wiring harness. The normal hard lid is wired from behind the tub liner and the maloo is through the tailgate, hopefully I can wire my original lid to the tailgate to power the actuator. It seems like it going to be a hit and miss and I won't know if it will work until I go and fit.

I can keep people updated if need be. Won't be until next year tho.

Tuff.SSVoodoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
293042_4077851137961_1182559037_n.jpg

this is how i locked mine up without getting the maloo tailgate

Shm1ck

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Thunder Ute
Nice, easy to do?