Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Throcky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sv6 Ute
Hey legends - I’m gonna be honest with you; I’m just a kid, and imextremely new to commodores so if I say or do anything really stupid in this thread, I’m really sorry - I’m just trying to learn more about my new interest :)

So I’ve just recently bought myself a VE sv6 Ute, and I’m just about to start delving into modifying it

I really really love the look of the VE Maloo sailplane and hard lid- I don’t want to try and pass my car off as being something it isn’t; i just think it really compliments the body lines

I was just wondering if anyone knows of any aftermarket ones that’re out there from any body kit shops?? I’m willing to pay good money for it and all - I just would prefer to have a fresh new set to throw on, and not have to rely on waiting until some fella chucks his old ones on Gumtree for $20k

I’ve heard from a mate that you can call up a Holden shop and request the parts but I don’t know how much credibility that has to it - I’d love to hear what you guys know; thank you!!

thanks so much everyone!!

Attachments

• 5E00BBE1-AF3D-4979-AE62-9E536CE5D5CD.jpeg
    5E00BBE1-AF3D-4979-AE62-9E536CE5D5CD.jpeg
    120.9 KB · Views: 289

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
It’s a new hard lid too. The lid fits into the front part. They aren’t just added on. You’ll be looking a while for them.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
1: "Holden Parts Shops" (Dealerships) will ask for a VIN number because that's the only way their staff are trained to use the computer system to look up parts.
2: "Holden Parts Shops" (Dealerships) do not stock HSV parts (Maloos are HSV vehicles) but they may order them in for you if you give them a Maloo VIN number - and add their markup to the HSV price.
3: You can order Maloo parts from HSV, but they too will require a Maloo VIN number before they will sell to you.

I've went through all this (and wreckers) for two years trying to get a S3 Maloo spare tyre tub to put under my magnum. Gave up.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Now all he has to do is get from plague riddled Newcastle into pristine, Holy South Australia. ;)

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Now all he has to do is get from plague riddled Newcastle into pristine, Holy South Australia. ;)

Truck drivers are still going state to state....S.A jsut want to keep NSW drivers out of our state because they bring that virus with them...Not a big issue, as the driver will be coming from S.A and going to NSW, rather than the other way around....So should get it quickly :)