Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Maloo Towbar

SSMarine

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY R8 Maloo
Unfortunately the time has had to come to fit a towbar to my beloved Maloo, it only needs ti be a light duty (maybe). Has any one seen a better alternitive than hacking up the rear bar. I really want to avoid it if i can. I would prefer the Hayman style towbar but i'm sure that would require the bar to get cut???

BOGANV8

I gotta V8 whoot whoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 02 SS LS1
Yeah it does require the bar to be hacked there is no real other way round it

Used to do bout 1-3 a month when i worked for Hayman Reese its not a bad job cause the markings are there if its a factory maloo kit and it can be made to look real nice

Did one malo for a huge marui dude once bloody crapping my pants thinking if i stuffed it up he would pound me but he was stoked with the job

SSMarine

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY R8 Maloo
Thanks mate, i'm not big.....or from any of our nearby islands!!! HaHa but i would get pissed if it was wrong. Hayman's are the go though are they. My last SS and the VS had them and were great. Cheers

BOGANV8

I gotta V8 whoot whoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 02 SS LS1
Yeah they are they come with life time warranty and they are good quality IMHO

I had a holden one on my ss and i took it off and replaced with a hayman one

Yeah done a few of the cuts and all of them bar one in 3 years were all good and had happy customers when they left

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I had one fitted to the SS, it has a shorter bar on it so when i pull the removable tongue out i can put the cap into the bumper, doesnt even look like it has been touched when the tongue isnt on :)