Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Maloo VU11 Ride height

Dale Vancouver

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Maloo VU11
Hi all. Question re. front ride height. My new acquisition has been dramatically lowered at the front. I want to return it to standard height and install some some non teeth jarring tires. Have been unable to find the free standing length of the standard front springs, as I can have some made locally. Anyone able to enlighten me ?
Thanks, Dale.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
I am guessing a Maloo would have FE2 suspension, otherwise STD suspension,
What does it have on the compliance/build Plate ?
Maybe try a Wrecker / Vehicle Recycler over there.
If not, there is a heap of Wreckers in Oz that would ship a pair of springs over.

PS: Love Vancouver, Been there twice, April 2015 for 2 weeks, and Christmas in Canada Tour 2017 > 2018 through the Rockies to Banff and back to Vancouver.

Dale Vancouver

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Maloo VU11
Hi. Thanks for the reply. Compliance plate says Standard, but regardless of that, a front apron road clearance of between 3 to 4 inches is something I can't live with. It's obviously not "standard", and has had King springs installed. I'm having those changed, but standard would be preferable. If they don't work out I may look at getting some from a wrecker in Aus. As I possibly have the only Maloo ute in Canada "recycling" is somewhat limited (Ha ha).
Glad you liked Vancouver, it's a pretty nice place to live. I'm an ex-pat Kiwi, living here since 1965.
Cheers, Dale.

Reactions: Lex