Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Man charged for shooting at robbers in his home.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
Firearms charges for Perth home defender | The Daily Telegraph
A PERTH man has been charged with firearms offences after shooting and wounding two men who broke into his home and bashed him, police say.

Police allege two intruders, aged 30 and 31, broke into the house at Bassendean about 11pm (WST) on Sunday, bashing the 40-year-old man, who took a shotgun and fired it at his attackers.

Both were taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

The resident, who received a head injury, has been charged with possessing an unlicensed firearm and unlicensed ammunition.

He is due to appear in the Midland Magistrates Court on March 8.

The 30-year-old man appeared in court yesterday charged with aggravated burglary, assault occasioning bodily harm and stealing a motor vehicle.

Police inquiries continue regarding the 31-year-old man who remains in Royal Perth Hospital.

I bet he will get a heavier sentence than the 2 that broke in. Granted the weapon was unlicensed but still what a load of BS it is.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
1. Why the hell does he feel he needs a shotgun?

2. How **** of a shot is he if he can't hit someone properly with a shotgun in a building?

3. Why couldn't he do society a favour and get shooting lessons?

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
Perhaps he didn't want to kill them, just scare them off. If he killed them he'd probably get Life in prison.....

wildss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vnss
1. Why the hell does he feel he needs a shotgun?

2. How **** of a shot is he if he can't hit someone properly with a shotgun in a building?

3. Why couldn't he do society a favour and get shooting lessons?

images

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Perhaps he didn't want to kill them, just scare them off. If he killed them he'd probably get Life in prison.....

You don't fire a shotgun to scare someone, just having it should work. Just to scare someone, you will be fixing your walls for a while.

I don't what its like where you live, but I feel pretty safe in my house without a shotgun. If he had a legitimate excuse for having one than he should of had a license.

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
This is a no brainer... he probably wouldnt be in trouble if he had the gun registered..

He broke the law well beofre the robbers did..

aZk.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
Who's to say he didn't apply for one and was knocked back.

They don't recognize self protection as a reason for owning one unfortunetly.

I consider my area a good area, doesn't mean there isnt a chance of a home invasion. I'd prefer a way of protecting myself (like a gun) over the knife I have strapped under the bed.......

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
This isn't America, you shouldn't walk into wherever you get a gun license and say I want one for self-protection, every moron would have one if it was that easy.

So are you saying everyone should have a gun because there is a possibility of being a victim of a home invasion?

And if the guy was knocked back for a gun license than there is either a reason for not getting one (criminal history or something), or no reason for him to have one. In which case he shouldn't have a friggin' gun in his house.

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
the laws in WA are a bit more lax than they are in NSW so he might be alright... maybe $10,000 fine or something

What i want to know is how while hes being bashed he manages to get the shotty and fire it without the robbers trying to stop him... obviously some dumbs robbers although there arent many smarts ones