Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Man escapes fine for no helmet due to religious turban.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
402588_503079063073269_1155959930_n.jpg

NO CONVICTION | The Queensland man who was charged for riding his bike without a helmet has escaped penalty.

Jasdeep Atwal says it's his religious duty to wear his turban in public. The devout Sikh arrived and left the court on his silver bicycle.

Exclusive story 9 News tonight at 6PM.

Shitfight in 3..2..1

Rufus®

I Jizzed in my pants
Reaction score
Website
www.mediafire.com
Members Ride
VR S1 S Pack, VX S2 Acclaim Wagoon
isn't there a today tonight / a current affairs sub forum for all this sort of shite?

anyway, maybe someone needs to design a stack hat for a turban? I know you can get hard hats designed for that reason.

Scrusy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL wagon
What a load of ****. If one of us Aussies did that an went to court, we be laughed at and it'd be thrown out if court with a decent fine against us

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
So can I wear my religious bombers beanie and get away with it? Footy is a religion too you know.

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
I dont see what the problem is, if he wants to die good for him.

Hope no kids are around when his brains are on the pavement.

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
Probably provides equivalent head protection to a bicycle helmet anyway :).

(I'm pretty sure that a being a Sikh means that he doesn't cut his hair and under the turban his hair is wrapped around and piled on top of his head; he couldn't physically wear a helmet without cutting it shorter.)

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
Not to worry, bike riders are temporary citizens anyways...

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
I don't get a lot of the responses in this thread, "us aussies", "eating a cow in his sorry native country" (WTF does that have to do with anything, much less a helmet?). More people buying right into tabloid media.

His nationality or religion shouldn't make a difference. What I see as the bigger problem is that nanny state says we have to wear a helmet, and that it will punish us if we don't. Adults can't think for themselves apparently.

If you want to wear a helmet, power to you, and if you don't, power to you too as long as you accept the possible consequences in a worst case scenario.

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
I don't get a lot of the responses in this thread, "us aussies", "eating a cow in his sorry native country" (WTF does that have to do with anything?). More people buying right into tabloid media.

His nationality or religion shouldn't make a difference. What I see as the bigger problem is that nanny state says we have to wear a helmet, and that it will punish us if we don't. Adults can't think for themselves apparently.

If you want to wear a helmet, power to you, and if you don't, power to you too as long as you accept the possible consequences in a worst case scenario.

Mind you, the issue is if he offs and doesn't die. Then the tax payer has to pay for his brain to be put back together. I guess thats why in the states helmets and seat belts are not mandatory ( depending on your state ) because you pay for your own medical car, well your insurance does.