Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

manifold insulators

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
umm just wondering when i take the manifold off do i need to replace the gasket? is there one there? thanxs scott

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
I'll be grabbing a set hopefully this week so I can fit it over the long weekend and see how we go :thumbsup:

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
no mate you don't replace the gasket you use the insulators instead of a gasket. your kit should of come with some black silicone. put a thin layer of this on each side of the insulator to seal against the upper and lower manfiold.

MACE

Reaction score
For those who are interested the cost for the spacers at the moment is $130 plus $12 express postage. Given that the manifold has to come off it would probably be a good time to change the spark plugs too, depending of age of course ;)

Cheers
Steve

Danoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 06 Exec
How do we go about ordering some mate? Give you a call or do it via email?

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
hoping mine get here today? then i will fit them tonight

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
update i got these in the post today and i just finished fitting them took me an hr and a half now i have to leave it for an hr for the silicone to dry then take it for a spin and let u guys know how she went

edit

took it out for a spin about 10kays and seems more responsive louder indution noise about twice as loud as the two hole mod noise, i filled up on fuel [bp ulitiate as always] so i will see if there is a difference there, all in all im happy with it total cost was $142. i will take it out on the weekend for a cruise and see how we go on the highway.

Last edited:

squawk

squawk
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Executive, A4
i've seen these on Trademe here in NZ been thinking about buying it, looks like good results