Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

manifold is stuck

Jonnii

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z-Series Ute
hey guys,

Im tryin to put on my mace manifold spacers for my vz sv6 and i can not for the life of me get the thing off.

Ive had it off before to polish it but have since used some gasket glue to seal it back up and now it will not budge :/

I got some gasket remover but im not sure if that will even be able to get in between to break down the glue.

Any ideas?

Stewlz

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SSV ute M6
Just to cover all bases, make sure you have removed ALL bolts holding the manifold down including the two against the firewall. Should be 8 in total off the top.

Jonnii

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z-Series Ute
Just to cover all bases, make sure you have removed ALL bolts holding the manifold down including the two against the firewall. Should be 8 in total off the top.

There is 6 in total 2 are blank. Ive had it off before its just after ive used the gasket glue it wont move :/

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
Carefully pry it up between the intake manifold and the coolant inlet pipe under the throttle body, carefully

nagarajababu

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx 2006 commodor
I am trying to remove the manifold ,Holden commodore VZ 2005..it has totally sacked. Any suggestions to loosen..

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Would have been better if you had started a new thread cause hooking onto a thread from 2012 might not get you much response, however
Maybe you forgot a bolt or 2 it happens
Are you referring to the manifold or the plenum chamber at the very top of the engine which half covers some of the coils and plugs ??

nagarajababu

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx 2006 commodor
Would have been better if you had started a new thread cause hooking onto a thread from 2012 might not get you much response, however
Maybe you forgot a bolt or 2 it happens
Are you referring to the manifold or the plenum chamber at the very top of the engine which half covers some of the coils and plugs ??
Yes the top Manifold, i am trying to replace coil and spark plugs..i have removed totally 7 bolts..
2 more bolts that is not removed which holds the injector section block.