Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Manifold spacer cnc router indents

Bowen

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX S manual 3.8L SP
So got my spacer today (which btw I'm stoked about can't wait to throw it on! ) and upon inspection I noticed that the bores have a 2 mm indent where the router starts and stops during the machining process of the bake light, now as my intake manifold has been port matched this will affect the port matching so I may even need to take some off the bores of the spacer to get the desired turbulence free port matching..... So what would be the best tool for machining this material I've never really felt with bakelite? Will my dremel and die grinder with a tungsten carbide bit be too aggressive? Is the 2mm indent really something to worry about?

MACE

Reaction score
So got my spacer today (which btw I'm stoked about can't wait to throw it on! ) and upon inspection I noticed that the bores have a 2 mm indent where the router starts and stops during the machining process of the bake light, now as my intake manifold has been port matched this will affect the port matching so I may even need to take some off the bores of the spacer to get the desired turbulence free port matching..... So what would be the best tool for machining this material I've never really felt with bakelite? Will my dremel and die grinder with a tungsten carbide bit be too aggressive? Is the 2mm indent really something to worry about?
In practice, it won't considerable impact. If you have already gone to the trouble of port matching your current manifold and have access to a die grinder with carbide burrs then I would port match the insulator to suit.

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,
Steve

Bowen

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX S manual 3.8L SP
Okay sweet thanks mace can't wait to fit it!

Bowen

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX S manual 3.8L SP
Who would've thought an inch more of intake runner length would make so much difference!!! Wowsers!! Awsome job mace

MACE

Reaction score
Who would've thought an inch more of intake runner length would make so much difference!!! Wowsers!! Awsome job mace
Ah excellent, glad to hear you're happy with the upgrade :)

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask

Kindest Regards,
Steve