Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Manifolds

ThatVzUte

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ V6 Commodore Ute
Just a quick question, whats the difference between the Ly7 (190kw) manifold that comes on the higher spec vz commodores and the mace CPR6 manifold, because I have found some and I just want to know for the cost difference which is better,
The Ly7 manifold is 150$
the CPR6 manifold is 450$
Whats the benefits if I was to buy the CPR6

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
CPR6 is way shared of the LY7. LY7 is identical to LE0 only for an addition of a motor that controls airflow by way of a flap. Where that goes, on all LE0 can be found on the back of the cast.

An LY7 intake plenum can’t be put on an LE0 and give better results. The engine management on LE0 equipped cars does not have the harness for the air control motor. Nor does it have the other sensors and actuators elsewhere that give the LY7 its power advantage.

CPR6 is independently designed and does the job far better.

Edit: auto correct at the start there. “Way shared?” I don’t know. Anyway you get the jist.

Last edited:

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
* $ goes before the value.
$450 for a CPR6 intake plenum is remarkable value.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
I remember when I was forced to do summernats duties when I was an apprentice, we were next to the CPR6 booth.
I had a chat with the guy, he was going to change the world back then.
Well he didn't and my old boss died of brain cancer.

MACE

Reaction score
Just a quick question, whats the difference between the Ly7 (190kw) manifold that comes on the higher spec vz commodores and the mace CPR6 manifold, because I have found some and I just want to know for the cost difference which is better,
The Ly7 manifold is 150$
the CPR6 manifold is 450$
Whats the benefits if I was to buy the CPR6
Hi ThatVzUte,

You need to make sure that the CPR6 manifold suits a VZ and not a VE, otherwise you won't be able to fit your VZ throttle body back on.