Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Manta exhaust Drone

HDJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE
So decided to get rid of xforce 7 series and had mild steel hurricane headers and cats mated up to a 3inch manta quiet aluminised steel catback. Not sure what’s going on but xforce hardly droned this is system is meant to be quieter yet somehow it drones like no tomorrow from 1k-2k rpm past that it clears out. Was an absolute headache driving on the highway 5th gear helped luckily as it revved to 2400rpm.

HDJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE
I should point manta sent VE mufflers apparently VF mufflers are 30mm longer I doubt that would be causing drone

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T / HJ Ute / VF2 R8
Not that his helps, but have you been in touch with Manta about it?

Dear I say it, if there is nothing they can offer then your only choice is j-pipes. About 715mm length will sort you out.

Reactions: HDJ

HDJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE

Dear I say it, if there is nothing they can offer then your only choice is j-pipes. About 715mm length will sort you out.

[/URL][/URL]
I have they are unsure as to why it’s happening and have advised to get in touch with the shop I placed my original order from and go from there. In the mean time if everything failes I’ve been thinking of having the VF2 Bimodal mufflers modified to fit manta Mid pipe.

HDJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE

[/URL]
Honestly after spending so much on a manta exhaust and being told the quiet version is drone free etc I’m really not keen on spending anything exhaust wise. It drones 1300-2300rpm after that it fades

daves8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF Calais V 6.0 | 2013 VF Calais V V6 Wagon
I had a quiet manta 2.5 in mild steel with 4 - 1 headers and 100 cpi cats, and I would get drone at 1400-1700 rpm.

it wasn’t terrible but never changed in 3 years

have since put a Walkinshaw on and zero drone

Reactions: HDJ

HDJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE
I had a quiet manta 2.5 in mild steel with 4 - 1 headers and 100 cpi cats, and I would get drone at 1400-1700 rpm.

it wasn’t terrible but never changed in 3 years

have since put a Walkinshaw on and zero drone
The drone I’m experiencing is a lot worse it would be pretty difficult to have a conversation with a passenger.

HDJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE
Is it a Manta system or a Defillipo branded Manta?
Manta branded specifically 3inch manta quiet with hurricane headers and cats at this point I’m thinking of maybe fabricating factory mufflers to fit manta.