Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Manta exhaust Drone

myksomerville

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SSV S2 Redline
It's very unusual for the Manta rears to cause drone. I couldn't tell you how many I have fitted and never had bad droning like you describe.

Could be faulty manufacturing. Even then that's rare for Manta.

You really need to find a brace and fit it. It's structural for the car, if you have a crash, the structure will be compromised and insurance may not pay out.

I have the Manta/DPE full 3" system and the drone from 1500-2000 is awful. Cammed and OTR VE 6L auto. I replaced the rear mufflers with Racecraft dumps which only amplified the drone lol

Reactions: HDJ

HDJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE
It's very unusual for the Manta rears to cause drone. I couldn't tell you how many I have fitted and never had bad droning like you describe.

Could be faulty manufacturing. Even then that's rare for Manta.

You really need to find a brace and fit it. It's structural for the car, if you have a crash, the structure will be compromised and insurance may not pay out.
Yea I’ll try and find one and regarding the manta situation it’s definitely left a bitter
I have the Manta/DPE full 3" system and the drone from 1500-2000 is awful. Cammed and OTR VE 6L auto. I replaced the rear mufflers with Racecraft dumps which only amplified the drone lol
that happens with a cam I’m only full exhaust otr atm haha. I’ve fixed my drone by using oem Bimodal mufflers

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
Mine doesn’t drone, Pacemaker headers into DiFilippo 3”. Supercharged, cam, auto now with 3:45 gears but even before with standard gear it didn’t drone. There is a V8 rumble but no drone, the XForce that was on it was horrible for drone.

Reactions: HDJ

HDJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE
Mine doesn’t drone, Pacemaker headers into DiFilippo 3”. Supercharged, cam, auto now with 3:45 gears but even before with standard gear it didn’t drone. There is a V8 rumble but no drone, the XForce that was on it was horrible for drone.
Interest I’ve had the opposite experience maybe a bad batch not sure. What’s making me boil is how no one is taking accountability for it. It’s obviously not meant to drone this much hopefully manta or original shop replies soon

VF Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 2 Redline ute
Gotta love some exhaust fitters throwing away the support brace instead of modifying or adapting it to fit!

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T / HJ Ute / VF2 R8
If the exhaust was made properly and fitted properly then the brace shouldn't need to be modified or adapted.

Would be nice man. From what I've had on my car over the years DPE (Walkinshaw / Harrop) requires the brace to be modified. Manta systems the brace fits fine as per OEM.

What sort of spare wheel set up do you have? Reason I ask is I'm starting to see a common theme that those who have the flat plastic infill with just the compressor and goo (me included) seem to suffer drone.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I'm starting to see a common theme that those who have the flat plastic infill with just the compressor and goo (me included) seem to suffer drone.

Have you tried filling the cavity with an old doona or couple of pillows ?

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
Would be nice man. From what I've had on my car over the years DPE (Walkinshaw / Harrop) requires the brace to be modified. Manta systems the brace fits fine as per OEM.

What sort of spare wheel set up do you have? Reason I ask is I'm starting to see a common theme that those who have the flat plastic infill with just the compressor and goo (me included) seem to suffer drone.
20” matching spare.

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T / HJ Ute / VF2 R8
20” matching spare.

Ah ok, no infill and still drone. Was hoping the plastic infill would be the common smoking gun. Seems not to be.