Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Manta exhaust Drone

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Mine drones from around 1600/1700 until about 2000, and I have a Magna. It's not overbearing and nothing the music can't drown out but it can be annoying.

HDJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE
It's very unusual for the Manta rears to cause drone. I couldn't tell you how many I have fitted and never had bad droning like you describe.

Could be faulty manufacturing. Even then that's rare for Manta.

You really need to find a brace and fit it. It's structural for the car, if you have a crash, the structure will be compromised and insurance may not pay out.
Even oem mufflers open it drones. I’m starting to think something is wrong with mid pipe maybe

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon/2009 fg xr6t(daily
I love all the sympathy about trying to fix a manta exhaust droning,when the shoes on the x force foot,its just a piece of **** throw it in the bin bahahaha,everyone on the internet knows every single x force exhaust is a piece of ****,except the ones that arent....
My series 7 system only has 2 hotdogs and the rear mufflers.
Tbh manta is local to me here in perth and i refuse to buy their exhausts anymore,had nothing but issues with all but one of the 4 or 5 systems ive bought from them over the years,they are helpful guys but i dont like their product from previous experiences,granted the systems have all been for eb to ba but that is neither here nor there,its a quality issue.
On a side note even the exhaust i got for my fg turbo from venom was ****,purchased the exact same system years ago and it was much better,manufacturing costs are forcing guys to use rubbish products.
I love my x force drone free exhaust.
No sympathy here bud,should have kept the x force.
Glad the shop who fitted it backed their product......

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: HDJ

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
I love my xforce too. 3" catback, 1 3/4 headers. Older style with a muffler in the middle.
On my wagon, there is some drone but it's minimal and with the dynamat mod I did, does not bother me whatsoever.

H

harrop.senator

I haven't used X force in years after dramas with there s chassis fitment and cracking dump pipes. I really don't like 304 on exhausts , the walls are to thin and it's a brittle material when heat cycled. I really like the universal mufflers though!

creedyflyr

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF 6.0L Calais
While I love the sound of My Manta, I cant say the same for the quality. Mine has shithouse welds all over that leak small amounts of water from the condensation on cooldown & one of my muffler tips is on the piss & no amount of loosening & adjusting can get rid of it. I contacted the distributor & was told thats impossible as they are all welded on the same jigs. Maybe i got a friday arvo job!

This pic was when it was new at the muffler flange. Most welds are like this.
259915783_2919569954973544_8101786786422217205_n.jpg

This is after 1 year at the center muffler flange.
257573151_1318487641945238_8833240876065762981_n.jpg

HDJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE
While I love the sound of My Manta, I cant say the same for the quality. Mine has shithouse welds all over that leak small amounts of water from the condensation on cooldown & one of my muffler tips is on the piss & no amount of loosening & adjusting can get rid of it. I contacted the distributor & was told thats impossible as they are all welded on the same jigs. Maybe i got a friday arvo job!

This pic was when it was new at the muffler flange. Most welds are like this.
View attachment 229946

This is after 1 year at the center muffler flange.
View attachment 229947
So popped down to sureflo exhaust in Sydney now I’m not sure if there’s any truth to this but he claimed manta exhaust is now made in China and further stated that he had a few customers complain about drone as well. He also claimed my hurricane headers and cats are poor quality and went as far as saying that employees at hurricane exhaust actually come to him for exhaust work. Now I don’t know if there’s any truth to his claims just putting it out there.

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
Well if that’s correct I am not sure what the folk at the Manta factory in Melton 5 minutes up the road from my house are doing all day!!
Unless they are only making the “DiFilippo” systems here?

daves8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF Calais V 6.0 | 2013 VF Calais V V6 Wagon
Well if that’s correct I am not sure what the folk at the Manta factory in Melton 5 minutes up the road from my house are doing all day!!
Unless they are only making the “DiFilippo” systems here?
Hurricane is made at Liverpool exhaust

HDJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE
Like I said I’m not claiming anything simply passing on what the bloke at sureflo exhaust told me.