Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Manta exhaust Drone

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Well if that’s correct I am not sure what the folk at the Manta factory in Melton 5 minutes up the road from my house are doing all day!!
Unless they are only making the “DiFilippo” systems here?

Yeah, the Melton facility only makes the DPE part of Manta exhausts.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Mine has shithouse welds all over that leak small amounts of water from the condensation on cooldown
Good welders want too much money and will price their exhaust out of the market, so they employ a lackey to weld their exhausts on a basic wage to minimise costs and there's the result, turning the amperage down on the MIG with leaks from poor penetration so he doesn't blow holes in the pipework welding thick and thin materials together.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
So popped down to sureflo exhaust in Sydney now I’m not sure if there’s any truth to this but he claimed manta exhaust is now made in China and further stated that he had a few customers complain about drone as well. He also claimed my hurricane headers and cats are poor quality and went as far as saying that employees at hurricane exhaust actually come to him for exhaust work. Now I don’t know if there’s any truth to his claims just putting it out there.

Absolutely 100% incorrect. He's either misinformed or flat out lying.

Manta have their own manufacturing facility in Cunderdin, about 2 hours north of Perth. The only thing that can be remotely related is the fact that Manta (or rather DPI Performance) are also the distributor for X Force here in WA, they are made in China. But the Manta product is wholely and solely manufactured in Australia.

daves8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF Calais V 6.0 | 2013 VF Calais V V6 Wagon
Absolutely 100% incorrect. He's either misinformed or flat out lying.

Manta have their own manufacturing facility in Cunderdin, about 2 hours north of Perth. The only thing that can be remotely related is the fact that Manta (or rather DPI Performance) are also the distributor for X Force here in WA, they are made in China. But the Manta product is wholely and solely manufactured in Australia.
He said hurricane. Shev is based in Liverpool

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
@daves8

So popped down to sureflo exhaust in Sydney now I’m not sure if there’s any truth to this but he claimed manta exhaust is now made in China and further stated that he had a few customers complain about drone as well. He also claimed my hurricane headers and cats are poor quality and went as far as saying that employees at hurricane exhaust actually come to him for exhaust work. Now I don’t know if there’s any truth to his claims just putting it out there.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Sureflo changed hands a few years ago, I used them for my cat back exhaust on my VX SS because I needed an exhaust quick (Liverpool exhaust was booked out) and a 3.5" single catback isn't rocket science, but, for my headers I went to Liverpool exhaust, I've had alot of headers and exhaust work done by Liverpool exhaust, I personally like the quality of there headers and have never had an issue with them

I think over the last 20 years I've got headers and cats fitted to about 5 different cars at Liverpool exhaust

And so far there ceramic coating is holding up fine on the 1 7/8 4:1 headers that they fitted a couple of months

I wonder where Sureflo get their headers from, it doesn't look like they fabricate headers on site