Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Manta exhaust has 3 variations, which to buy?

wayneus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE
I've had 2 x-force systems, 1 on a VU full stainless and a varex dual 3" on a VE Calais. Both sounded great and I had no issues with them! It did take a bit of stuffing around fitting the dual 3" to the VE Calais...mainly opening the flange bolt holes as the alignment as a little out. I have also had a Difilippo dual 3" full exhaust on a VE SS-V and I can't complain, but, bang for buck was with X-Force. I had none of the major issues listed previously in this thread. My current vehicle will more than likely get a dual 3" X-Force, but I am debating if I want to go Varex again...I probably will, as I have 6am starts for work and waking up the neighbours is something I want to avoid.

2INIL8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH COMMODORE 308
I ordered my system from southwest exhaust, yes its cheaper but have been stuffed around
and wont answer calls only msgs and takes ages to respond.
1st ive dealt with them, originally I paid on the 2nd ,paypal clears over the weekend.
Address was in paypal details,hear nothing so send a msg Tuesday, replys and says didn't know my address
didn't even check that he received payment after he was told I paid.
Could have asked me ffs what address too, took all of 5 seconds.
Told him I wanted it sent asap and was told would show up wed (today) at the latest ,well no show
and tracking number shows it was sent yesterday the 15th so its still in perth.
To say I'm pist off is and understatement it should have been delivered by now and
now ill have to do the install and tune right before xmas if it turns up before then.
Maybe if your looking at buying this system go direct through manta even though you pay more
or go diflippo its not worth the hassle imo.
Just hope my system turns up before xmas ,its really stuffed my plans though.
Also found their abn is cancelled Southwest Performance Exhaust Supplies ABN 28047496838 | ABN Check
So not impressed just lucky I used paypal and not cash or id be up **** creek.
I know some people have used him no problem apparently.
I did do some research before buying but no excuse for shitty service and not answering calls
and the super slow service.
Not worth the savings imho.

VESSVBLACK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Series 1
its properly a pretty busy time for him and business in general, I wouldn't jump up and down to much, as your properly saved a few hundred dollars buying from him. freight at this time of year and stupid, expect an extra 2 plus days on expected delivery dates which will add to more frustration.... however all will be forgotten, once its on the car and hear it. im getting a 3'' manta next week but I got mine straight from manta, thru a mates shop

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
Sounds liKe a dodgy bloke. Hope it gets sorted for you. How can you operate a legitimate business without an ABN

Last edited:

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
He's not registered for the GST either so it would be interesting if he collects this and keeps it for himself.

VESSVBLACK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Series 1
He's not registered for the GST either so it would be interesting if he collects this and keeps it for himself.

The manta systems he sells is made from recycled tin from china not manta made ones. The material used is bake bean tins and spaggetti tins, for piping and the mufflers are made with steel wool, so that's why theyre so cheap lol

2INIL8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH COMMODORE 308
I'm surprised about the abn.
Supposed to be a legit shop or so I thought.
Its been 2 weeks so bit longer than 2 days extra.
Its ####s up my plans and now have to find the time to install the system
and vcm otr and then tune it before xmas.
Eta says 21st on the tracking which is Monday so got every right not be happy.
By the time I get it its almost a 3 week wait not acceptable imo.
What pissed me off more was the poor communication and tried numerous times
to call the number even left a message and nothing.
Msg on fb few hours later get a reply not good.

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
Don't go hurricane if you have afm, i have the 2.5" cat back and it drones like NO TOMORROW, i had it on for 1 day and took it out. now it is sitting in the garage collecting dust.
With all the positive feedback should go manta, as abba_fan is always around answering your doubts.

have you thought about selling it

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
The manta systems he sells is made from recycled tin from china not manta made ones. The material used is bake bean tins and spaggetti tins, for piping and the mufflers are made with steel wool, so that's why theyre so cheap lol

As someone who has purchased from him, they come direct from the Manta warehouse. They dont come from him at all. He puts the order in, they send it out. He doesnt have the chance to do a swaparoo.

Don't go hurricane if you have afm, i have the 2.5" cat back and it drones like NO TOMORROW, i had it on for 1 day and took it out. now it is sitting in the garage collecting dust.
With all the positive feedback should go manta, as abba_fan is always around answering your doubts.

Almost every exhaust drones with AFM.