Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Manta exhaust has 3 variations, which to buy?

Chargin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline
I spoke to Manta today and they told me they have a "mid range" setup for my VF redline which has a hotdog in the middle. Theres also a louder one and a quieter one. The louder has no centre hotdog.
I love loud but hate the idea of drone etc. How loud is this louder version? What do most people here buy?

Also some other questions:
  1. Does mild steel last longer than 2 years? (Someone on this forum said it would only last 2 years... I live in SA and the car is always garaged and we do about 15000 Ks per year.)
  2. Manta VS Xforce? i see xforce on Ebay at a very good price $800 delivered
    Manta quoted $1550 delivered.

(I will install myself)

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
Manta is a genuinely good brand, IMO second only to Difilippo for our cars. X-Force is ****, don't waste your time and money.

If you don't want drone go with the option they suggested. That being said and sorry to add confusion but I bought my cousin their 'loudest' 3" setup for his auto VF clubby and it actually doesn't drone. That is essentially just no hot dogs with rear cans only.

Your call, just don't get xforce.

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
See if you can find someone selling Manta locally so there's no chance of it getting damaged in transit. Strongly recommend after my experience.

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
I bought my cousins one from Joondalup exhaust in Perth. Quick (and free) delivery and no damage.

His was stainless steel also, total cost was $1850 delivered. Give them a buzz, they don't talk **** either. Will give you good advise based on what you want.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
You don't want drone at all. The hotdog system will drone if it's an auto, and even on a manual it will drone to a certain extent in too high a gear.

I can do the Manta 2 1/2" with muffler and hotdogs for $1295 delivered, or the mid range one with just hotdogs for $1195. Comes with all the nuts, bolts and gaskets. I am a Manta dealer.

Chargin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline
You don't want drone at all. The hotdog system will drone if it's an auto, and even on a manual it will drone to a certain extent in too high a gear.

Sorry, so theres an exhaust Im guessing which has only hotdogs, at the rear? And theres one with hotdogs in the centre and full sized mufflers at the rear? So when you say the hotdog system will drone you are referring to the former?

Until your post I thought the rear muffler setup was always the same on the Manta systems and the option was hotdogs or straight pipes in the centre.

(yes I have an auto)

JETURBO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF R8 SV

I can do the Manta 2 1/2" with muffler and hotdogs for $1295 delivered, or the mid range one with just hotdogs for $1195. Comes with all the nuts, bolts and gaskets. I am a Manta dealer.

What's the go with the HSV rear bar on the VF, does it require a completely different rear muffler set or do you just tweak the off the shelf kit to suit ?

Ralph

Reaction score
Manta is a genuinely good brand, IMO second only to Difilippo for our cars. X-Force is ****, don't waste your time and money.

If you don't want drone go with the option they suggested. That being said and sorry to add confusion but I bought my cousin their 'loudest' 3" setup for his auto VF clubby and it actually doesn't drone. That is essentially just no hot dogs with rear cans only.

Your call, just don't get xforce.

I am interested in the xforce hate- any particular reason it's no good ?

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
I am interested in the xforce hate- any particular reason it's no good ?

Because most of us brought an x-force exhaust at least once in our life and hated it since lol, they are cheap crap, you get what you pay for.

They either don't bolt up properly and you have to #### with em to get em to fit, don't sit properly so one side is higher or sticks out further then the other side, sound like ****, rust out within 12-18 months or collapse a muffler within a few months.

Or if your real lucky, all the above.

Changed an x-force out on my mates VF SS the other weekend, went from sounding like crap with epic drone at 100-110kph to a difillipo which sounds awesome and no more drone.

X-force was 6 months old, i poked my finger through the top of the muffler when i was taking it off from rust.

Ralph

Reaction score
Because most of us brought an x-force exhaust at least once in our life and hated it since lol, they are cheap crap, you get what you pay for.

They either don't bolt up properly and you have to #### with em to get em to fit, don't sit properly so one side is higher or sticks out further then the other side, sound like ****, rust out within 12-18 months or collapse a muffler within a few months.

Or if your real lucky, all the above.

Changed an x-force out on my mates VF SS the other weekend, went from sounding like crap with epic drone at 100-110kph to a difillipo which sounds awesome and no more drone.

X-force was 6 months old, i poked my finger through the top of the muffler when i was taking it off from rust.

Damn I was pretty much convinced on the bimodal force varex given the option to turn to stealth mode. Maybe I need to relook at that option.